advertisement

New ‘high end’ Rega item?

My dealer recons Rega have bought a Silicon fabrication facility and are producing their own semiconductors using new materials not previously used. All very hush hush.

I'm very curious! I hope Rega sticks to what they do best! (so hopefully no lifestyle products like Naim did with the Muso range :eek:)

It's been a while since I heard a complete Rega set-up, but the ones I've heard at several HiFi-show I found very engaging.
(while other, often much more expensive systems sounded more impressive at first I found myself coming back a few times to the Rega demo-room)

Is this room anything to do with the new Rega item ?

https://www.tiktok.com/@regaresearch/video/7166251514263129349
Amplifier soak test lab (possibly with bullet proof Perspex windows :D).

Those look like pairs of feck off big 4 or 8Ohm resistors within the yet to be finished panels there. The finished ones further along are fitted with SpeakON and multi-way binding posts, with the last section SpeakON only (with the number of sockets per grouping in this last section being rather interesting).

Do I win a prize, or does one have to have a TikTok account for that?

Graystoke4, I am presuming that by "their top TT" you are referring to the Naiad, out of interest have you heard the Naiad turntable to come to your conclusion it is "shocking" ?

May I ask which dealer, customer or show ?

Also I think it only fair to point out that Rega did not exhibit at the WAM show.

Last edited:
Yes, and here are the spy photos of the early prototype P3-DD from last century, seen here during a pit stop at the old Rega proving grounds.

Rega-Direct-Drive-Prototype-4.jpg

Rega-Direct-Drive-Prototype-3.jpg

Rega-Direct-Drive-Prototype-2.jpg

Rega-Direct-Drive-Prototype-1.jpg

I can tell you now that it is the long awaited DD turntable with parallel tracking arm, Valve phono stage and SET mono blocks into horn loaded speakers. It's been a long time coming but I've got my order in.

The last time I heard Rega using mono's was at an Edinburgh show back in the day. System was (iirc) P9 / RB1000 / Exact , Cursa pre and Exon mono's driving R9's. It would be nice to see Rega pushing the boundaries a little more than the System One (good though it is) at Bristol this time round.

Last edited:
There’s picture on FB of a P1 with wooden surround to celebrate 50 years, can’t seem to link it, but already for for Spanish market.

I guess the "High End" products will be Naia (already released), new Osiris and maybe some speakers.
I've seen P1 in various finishes included wood, not surrounded though.

advertisement

Back