advertisement

New ‘high end’ Rega item?

Would be interesting to see a new tonearm that's not an RB300 derivative! New materials, more adjustable, different bearing design?
I imagine the Bristol show will have some none Rega tonearms on display that might satisfy your interests.

I don't see Rega ever making a unit that relies upon software from elsewhere.
My dealer told me that Rega engineers had made a streamer but sadly, as far as the dealer was concerned, Roy wasn’t interested in manufacturing it. Clearly he’s a hardware person and not a software person.

An anniversary TT I would expect but I'd like to see a preamp and monos.

Not sure this below is mentioned before, first time I read it on Rega web, seem like a wide range of products:
With 2023 being our 50th anniversary, rest assured we will be launching a selection of ground-breaking new products and of course, you can expect some anniversary specials along the way.

Not long to wait before the Bristol show. A copy and paste from the Audio T latest bulletin...

"On top of the countless compelling product releases taking place over the course of the weekend, we are beyond excited to tell you that our good friends at Rega Research will be bringing with them a never before seen product for its Global debut! For your chance to find out more about this amazing new release and listen to it in the flesh along with their other award winning products, join experts from Rega in rooms 223 & 224, who will be on hand to answer all of your questions."

Summerbee edition ICE Planar 10 (with manual speed change)?

Summerbee-e1359548148147.jpg

Last edited:
My dealer told me that Rega engineers had made a streamer but sadly, as far as the dealer was concerned, Roy wasn’t interested in manufacturing it. Clearly he’s a hardware person and not a software person.

I was told something similar by a dealer too.

Cheers BB

Hi i think Rega will do everything everyone else has done, bring out a half decent amp combo, for extortionate money, all company's are on this band wagon,
just look at the price of their top TT, shocking, for what it is,
i heard a full Rega setup at the Wam show was not impressed at all, i thought i would be with all you Rega fans on here, but no
i am not rega bashing, :rolleyes::D

advertisement

Back