advertisement

Megane RS 275 Trophy

That is plenty of car for £4.4K ...

With cars like this you need to be able 'get out' of them when you're done and want to move on ...so I can reduce the price and not lose my shirt versus the fun value.

Yes that's fair enough, it's bottomed out on the depreciation curve and the real costs are now on running/upkeep. The only danger is at this price bracket you get alot of morons who feel entitled to be able to buy a car with whatever change they can find in the bottom of the sofa + an Xbox ... but don't worry about it till you get to that bridge!

The R56 is already looking quite chubby compared to the R53!

2-FE16-DB0-A736-4903-9233-960-B0-EAE941-C.jpg

Yes that's fair enough, it's bottomed out on the depreciation curve and the real costs are now on running/upkeep. The only danger is at this price bracket you get alot of morons who feel entitled to be able to buy a car with whatever change they can find in the bottom of the sofa + an Xbox ... but don't worry about it till you get to that bridge!

Yes, they are torture. You find that the market for sub £5k stuff is still pretty active.. it's the stuff north of £10k that gets really hard to shift IME. I've got a mate trying to sell a 2006 Porsche 997 at the moment and the crap he's going thru isu unreal.

Anyway, as long as I get my fill out of it I'll dump it and run

Yes, they are torture. You find that the market for sub £5k stuff is still pretty active.. it's the stuff north of £10k that gets really hard to shift IME. I've got a mate trying to sell a 2006 Porsche 997 at the moment and the crap he's going thru isu unreal.

Anyway, as long as I get my fill out of it I'll dump it and run

The 10-20k bracket is interesting also ... I was reasonably successful selling my highish mileage 996 C2 privately to a genuine enthusiast, I took a £3k hit after a year of ownership, guess that's what happens when you buy from trader and sell on private ...

The R56 is already looking quite chubby compared to the R53!

I have an E39 5-series BMW.
Recently in an immediately-adjacent parking space, was whatever the latest model 'Countryman' is - a shocker: it was c 200mm wider, at least that higher, barely 400mm shorter - and had observably less space inside for, you know, people. Very odd indeed. I looked it up - and yep, no lighter either (but with a very limited offer considerably more-tedious/constipated /dull/fragile engines)

why do these ..things , sell?

Recently in an immediately-adjacent parking space, was whatever the latest model 'Countryman' is - a shocker: it was c 200mm wider, at least that higher, barely 400mm shorter - and had observably less space inside for, you know, people. Very odd indeed. I looked it up - and yep, no lighter either.

Style over substance?

Recently in an immediately-adjacent parking space, was whatever the latest model 'Countryman' is - a shocker: it was c 200mm wider, at least that higher, barely 400mm shorter - and had observably less space inside for, you know, people. Very odd indeed. I looked it up - and yep, no lighter either.

No clue; there are 5 of them in our road of 16 houses. By far the most popular car here.

Definitely a ‘lifestyle’ choice for people who are swayed by the MINI brand/image (because these monstrosities anything but ‘mini’). They’re everywhere.

… unlike MINI ‘coupes’ (remember them?) which seem to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Recently in an immediately-adjacent parking space, was whatever the latest model 'Countryman' is - a shocker: it was c 200mm wider, at least that higher, barely 400mm shorter - and had observably less space inside for, you know, people. Very odd indeed. I looked it up - and yep, no lighter either (but with a very limited offer considerably more-tedious/constipated /dull/fragile engines)

Is the Countryman the 4wd SUV(?) style...

Yep - funny how BMW never revived the obvious 'Maxi' nomenclature...

* it's a Mini adventure ... just inflated to 120psi / 1700Kg.

Yep - funny how BMW never revived the obvious 'Maxi' nomenclature...

* it's a Mini adventure ... just inflated to 120psi / 1700Kg.
Remarkably, they did bring back "Mini Clubman" . There was a guy at work a few years ago who had a modern Mini, I think a Countryman, in the days when there was no Clubman apart from the 70s version, people used to call it his Mini Clubman to take the mick. My, how we laughed. He didn't, used to bite every time.

It's time they brought back Princess and Allegro. Or maybe Marina.

advertisement

Back