advertisement

What's your WTF hifi moment

Guess what? The £1000 one does too! Woo
Yeah. At least I only got burnt £100, and it does look nice. If I'd put down 10x that someone would have been wearing it as a necktie. In fact it's a shame that I didn't, because that would have gone back.

the very act of measuring changes the fuse’s state. Is it any wonder their measurements are meaningless? The only sensible way such fuses can be assessed is by listening.
At which point you know where the fuse is, but your debit balance is red-shifted.

Last edited:
What are your WTF hifi moments. Can be anything.

My ‘what the fudge?’ moment was the realisation that there are some people who don’t like music.

My eldest Granddaughter had that WTF moment about 2 months ago. She could not believe that some people do not like music.
All I could do was reassure her that she is normal, and those people are imbeciles.
Also, she will meet many more stupid people in her life - the trick is to identify them and swerve around o_O

Discovering that the glowingly reviewed £100 interconnect sounded indistinguishable from the one that came free with the CD player. You dishonest, thieving, lying, emperor's new clothes...
On the other hand I once made up several power cords, one using some uber-thick cable from a DIY store and one using an old PC power cable, both fitted with the same snazzy IEC plugs at the equipment end, and the former cable sounded disappointingly shite on one of my power amps, while the other one sounded alright.

Not much in hifi shocks me. I have heard small sound huge, expensive things sound terrible, things I thought would cost the earth be reasonable and things that I thought be cheap cost way more than.

This morning I had one of my very few WTF moments when I came across this

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/quantum-science-audio-silver-extreme-level-uk-mains-fuse

Now I showed my wife and she just said do you get lots of them for that price.

£4200 for a fuse. I nearly fell over when I seen the first fuse for £50.

What are your WTF hifi moments. Can be anything.
:eek: Cheaper not to have a fused plug at all & get better sound for nowt, well the price of a decent plug.

A few things over the years, but two that really spoke out

Cardas Golden Cross speaker cable
+
Luxman L-590AXII Amplifier

ot much in hifi shocks me. I have heard small sound huge, expensive things sound terrible, things I thought would cost the earth be reasonable and things that I thought be cheap cost way more than.

This morning I had one of my very few WTF moments when I came across this

https://www.futureshop.co.uk/quantum-science-audio-silver-extreme-level-uk-mains-fuse

Just linked to this and Google Auto translate popped up asking what language I wanted to translate from.

There wasn't an option for Bullshit to reality.

advertisement

Back