advertisement

Loudspeakers You Wish To Try But Probably Won't Own In This Lifetime

would love to hear this too and don't think its bonkers money for what it is. Anyone hear heard one?
Fleetwood Sound Deville
Used Them with Croft Integrated , Michi X3 , Unison Research Sinfonia , Technics SU-R1000 & Elipson P1 /A2700
Saving up for the matching Special K

https%3A%2F%2Fhypebeast.com%2Fimage%2F2022%2F05%2FTW-oswald-mill-audio-oma-special-k-amplifier-info.jpg

15" Tannoys, rarer than hens' teeth on my continent

Dayton-Wright Electrostatics

I've never heard a set, so I'm curious about all the fuss about Wilson and Magico

KLH Nine

Probably some of those big Living Voice horns…………….

You damn well beat me to it, as soon as I read the thread title, they instantly came to mind, just exquisite, and achingly beautifully finished. Unfortunately, I’m exactly the same as you, lack of funds and room!!!

I’d like to hear some big Wilson Audios.
They're at the Ascot show almost every year. Look for the Absolute Sounds offerings. Very good and very expensive. You need a room on the larger side of a typical UK lounge.

Also at Bristol every show... there's one at the end of Feb this year.

Probably some of those big Living Voice horns. I’m unlikely to ever have either the funds, or space, for them. I’ve heard them at Bristol and thought they were visually and aurally arresting and captivating. Couldn’t care less about coloration, if indeed there is much, they were visceral, and full of life.

I have the Air Partners and wonderful. I’ve had lots of high end box speakers over the years, none of them even come close. This is from a couple of years ago, since then they’ve been upgraded with the ridiculously expensive full fat Vox Olympian external crossovers, which are a game changer….

370e_ouverte_690x690.jpg

Jean Maurer top of the line. € 13,200 for a pair. Hand made in Switzerland, including drivers.

That's a very obscure brand even by Swiss standards!

Have you heard them? What do they sound like, relative to more well known speakers?

This is perhaps my almost-unattainable dream. I'd be happy with some of the earlier versions, but finding them in the UK is impossible.

I'll have to keep my ancient little 220Bs close until then. I'm lucky to have them.

Also this - what's up with all the Jean Maurer aficionados coming suddenly out of the woodwork? :)

Now you are making me curious!

Sensitivity seems relatively high, could work well with my Accuphase Class A amp...

I would love to try some Yammy NS1000. Don't think I have ever heard a pair.

Quad Electrostatics of any flavour - I have heard most at exhibitions and a shop, but never in a domestic place. My room is not that small, but still not big enough to entertain the idea of trying some.

Any of the big classic Tannoys. Heard Westminsters at a dealer when I was buying my TDL Studio 1's in Wolverhampton many years ago. The room was too small so it was a bit overwhelming!

I would love to try some Yammy NS1000. Don't think I have ever heard a pair.

Quad Electrostatics of any flavour - I have heard most at exhibitions and a shop, but never in a domestic place. My room is not that small, but still not big enough to entertain the idea of trying some.

Any of the big classic Tannoys. Heard Westminsters at a dealer when I was buying my TDL Studio 1's in Wolverhampton many years ago. The room was too small so it was a bit overwhelming!

My sentiments exactly- I need to hear all of these.

advertisement

Back