advertisement

Today I have mainly been v3

I have had chilli juice in my eye, and on my downstairs area, and can state that it hurts more in the eye.
Funny how pain makes a strong memory.
someone once weighed out Analar grade Capsaicin without the aid of a fume hood. A small breeze led to 3 of us explosively sneezing and then laughing as we realised what was happening. We had snot coming out of our noses and tears from our eyes. The boss came in to investigate the racket, saw what was happening and left, as the door shut he let out an almighty sneeze which started us all over again

this morning the launch event for a new project with the great and the good. This afternoon offering employment to 2 people - that's 5 so far this week. Means i am waiting for 11 to arrive, with another 7 vacancies to fill......

then the ethics committee - always interesting

Wife has just taken me somewhere new to eat. Steak, steak and more steak. I went for 50 day aged angus popeye. Very steaky.

The jolly young waiter asked if we had anything planned for the weekend.
Without any hesitation I replied, “Heroin and Opera.”
( :)We don’t really like Opera that much.)
Wife didn’t even try and kick me.

Is the waiter confused? Or are they really wanting to be a barber? (A hairdresser would never ask such a thing!)

off to Hitchin market, not been for a few yonks. be interesting to see how many stalls are present, they were thinning out before Covid. hope the Asian guy is there, need some tumeric and other bits for freezing. couple of good vinyl stalls, there used to be a local dealer selling reggae/soul mainly, all book price but A1 condition which is difficult with reggae.

off to Hitchin market, not been for a few yonks. be interesting to see how many stalls are present, they were thinning out before Covid. hope the Asian guy is there, need some tumeric and other bits for freezing. couple of good vinyl stalls, there used to be a local dealer selling reggae/soul mainly, all book price but A1 condition which is difficult with reggae.

it was reasonably busy a few weeks ago when we walked by on the way to the halfmoon. Yes i need to go to town to buy fresh curry leaves for the freezer

Well it is 14 degrees back here in Worcestershire today. Even the pond Goldfish have decided it is warm enough to come out and explore.

Wet-cleaned (AntiStat) 30+ records. Not expecting much, but if they sell at a £1+ then it was worth it.
Threw away some Jim Reeves, Charlie Drake (!) and an Orbison 7” that was warped.

Ordered a Headphone amp to give it a try.

Eldest Granddaughter is staying over this evening :)
She is 13 going on 20 and frequently complains about the patriarchy.
We will get to hear about who she currently hates at school - pupil and/or teacher.
Gee-Kid is coming up to making her subject choices. An interesting time.

Crispy Duck, pancakes, etc. later. Maybe some hot sour soup.
Later I might get to choose a film to watch. The women will poo-poo my choices.

Sold an album via Discogs for Headway charity. Once the punter is happy with their purchase, I can present about £80 (+gift aid) to the manager. It was an Abba album. Lot of pennies for Abba. Mind you, I had reduced the price twice over a year - started at £150…

Woke up at 6am to -16F (-27C). Thought about it for a minute, then got back under the covers.

long meeting setting out the strategy for new project this morning with 3rd party. My team performed a blinder. Meeting with the boss. Loads of paperwork to complete as all 5 candidates who i offered employment to accepted my offers. At least three of them wont need visas. And a meeting about Trusted Research

spent half the night looking at a crazy planning application locally

then got a misted d/g window measured up for replacement and about to lose another wonderful tradesman to retirement . i rely heavily on my `team`

visited friend in nursing home who wants to go home !!! not easy really to explain why they cant . they cant even walk so might be tricky

Decided as it was +14 here, rather than -4 when I last tried, I’d do my 80km ride. And so I did. Very nice it was too, well apart from the wind but you can’t have everything.

Now chilling with the House of Love in a retro 1990’s style. I may even start on the valpolicella later. Livin the dream.

hifinutt,

And some are in different time zones, too. I'm starting to think this flat earth business is malarky.

Joe

Correct!

FD8-C4-C3-E-D78-F-4468-973-F-C8-EEA689-DA6-B.jpg

advertisement

Back