advertisement

Bristol Hifi Show 24to to 26th Feb 2023

Parking is free for me, the hotel we stay at (which is just behind the Marriott) give you free parking at Cabbot Circus for the duration of your stay. Avoid parking in the NCP next to Marriott, it’s like £18 per day.

Oh, good point - note that other than the Class D emissions zone, earlier this month the central area council park parks have all gone from £13.50 to £18.50 a day...

I nearly always park just the other side of the road, over the bridge near where staples used to be. Get there early enough you'll normally find somewhere to park for free, whether side of the road or parked out front of one of the closed weekend businesses ( beware some have no parking signs & cameras ). There is also a fairly cheap multistorey around there (or was, since in recent years there's been a lot of building work in that area). I used it one Sunday trip & cost something like £5 however that was a good 10 years ago!

Brislington Park and Ride is a good solution that I've used many a time. You can get on and off near the Marriott. Its cheaper by far than car parking in the City at £3.50 return. Plus if its busy, you benefit by bus lanes instead sitting in traffic. Service is fairly frequent and other P&Rs are available.

Yes, P&R is a good solution. Why worry about parking?

Planning to be there Friday & Saturday whilst enjoying the City a little bit too.

Last edited:
Had a look at P&R from Parkway North which I found quite complicated (nothing like the simplicity of going into York from Grimston Bar) so I'll give it a miss and chance it with the car. Now going Sunday, hopefully less traffic and a quick in and out.

Brislington Park and Ride is a good solution that I've used many a time. You can get on and off near the Marriott. Its cheaper by far than car parking in the City at £3.50 return. Plus if its busy, you benefit by bus lanes instead sitting in traffic. Service is fairly frequent and other P&Rs are available.

I have used the train a few times as it takes just 8 mins from my station, but for obvious reasons the P&R may be a better idea this year, good call.

I live in Bristol so I’ll be heading down on the Friday. That Brislington Park & Ride is good for anyone whose considering that. Enjoy the show!

How are the rooms and quality of demos at this show ?
Is it anything the size of Munich or Warsaw shows ?
Not that size always equal quality.

I need to travel by flight.
Not a problem if airport nearby,? hotel rooms probably more expensive but its been ages since I spend a holiday in UK.

It's not the best UK show, but it's one of the longest established. It's run by a chain of audio dealerships, so it tends to feature brands they sell, but there's quite a wide range on show usually. Most of the rooms are typical hotel bedrooms, so not very large. There are perhaps 10 or so 'seminar room' sized displays on the lower ground floor and basement floor, which tend to be taken by the bigger brands.

If you're planning on using a hifi show as an excuse for a few days holiday in the UK, I'd recommend you wait for the North West Audio Show in early Summer.

Not a problem if airport nearby,? hotel rooms probably more expensive but its been ages since I spend a holiday in UK.
On that point, I find it one of the more enjoyable shows with plenty to look at & hear. I think you could easily make a weekend of this if you were interested in visiting most of the rooms & seminars & "relaxing" in a few that take your fancy for some time. Also being at the edge of town plenty of time to wander off shopping.

On that point, I find it one of the more enjoyable shows with plenty to look at & hear. I think you could easily make a weekend of this if you were interested in visiting most of the rooms & seminars & "relaxing" in a few that take your fancy for some time. Also being at the edge of town plenty of time to wander off shopping.

... is exactly what partner and I are doing. Getting there Friday early, B/fast in Bristol then Show. She will will probably wander off to town in the afternoon whilst I fight from room to room.

Having a nice dinner in Bristol, stay in a hotel overnight and a little more show and town on Saturday.

Sorted.

gosh i would save a flight for ascot or some of the other high end shows . its good but not worth a flight over i would suggest

this one is superb . more like warsaw

https://hifishowlive.com/

WOW! For a very long time I see from the exhibitor list Linn products will actually be there.

Linn were there in 2020 when the last show was held. Demoing the Selekt streaming thingy and an odd looking speaker like a big egg and a price to match. Halfway through the dem the chap next to me interjected and asked the Linn rep if he had his own home Aktiv system wired up correctly:(

Linn were there in 2020 when the last show was held. Demoing the Selekt streaming thingy and an odd looking speaker like a big egg and a price to match. Halfway through the demo the chap next to me asked the Linn rep if he had his own Aktiv system set up correctly:(
My memory banks are overheating. I went to that show, the very last one before the Covid hassle. I do not remember seeing them there unless time just ran me by. I do believe I was running a little late that year so somewhat rushed off my feet.

My memory banks are overheating. I went to that show, the very last one before the Covid hassle. I do not remember seeing them there unless time just ran me by. I do believe I was running a little late that year so somewhat rushed off my feet.

Yes Linn were at Bristol in 2020. Gordon Inch was demoing the Selekt and Akurate LP12 running into it. Loudspeakers were big black floorstanding loudspeakers from Fyne Audio.

it was just before things were taking off with COVID.

Andrew

The two rooms where I spent most time in 2020 were Rega and Definitive Audio. Rega were playing their modest System One and Definitive had a cost no object Kuzma / SJS valve / LV Auditorium rig playing. Definitive are not showing this year and I wonder if Rega will play it safe with One again ?

advertisement

Back