advertisement

mystery speakers

ansis

pfm Member
Can anyone recognize these or at least manufacturer? Google is of no help, even by pics and even by tweeter pic.

327773550-710509493945558-8128526449067870254-n.jpg

Are you sure? To me they are more european than japanese made, and didn't find anything similar in their 80's catalogs, naming scheme is different and japanese mostly uses as many drivers as possible, at least in 80's from where these I suspect are.

Thank you! Still to me they look more european than japanese, and since none can be found on hifi-archiv catalogs I suspect local made model for limited markets.

Likely European (or UK) made for inclusion with a music centre system. Could still be a Japanese brand though, as the majors had loudspeakers made regionally in many markets. Certainly a lot of Japanese branded 'speakers were made here in Canada.

Tweeter is definitely an '80s Philips unit. http://bitsavers.org/components/philips/_dataBooks/1985_C03_Philips_Loudspeakers.pdf. Bass/mid looks like it came out of the same factory that supplied Wharfedale (and others) for their '80s Delta series, only with foam surround and none plastic dust cap.

s-l1600-2.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Because speakers are bulky, they are expensive to ship from Japan, so it was normal for the big brands to use UK or European OEMs to build them.
Onkyo were more popular in Europe, so it looks like these came from there

advertisement

Back