Votes: 43 13.0%
  • Four

Votes: 35 10.6%
  • Five

Votes: 25 7.6%
  • More than Five

Votes: 133 40.2%

• Total voters
Ha, didn't know that, about the power reserve meter. Brilliant. (You sound more intimately acquainted with the marque than I!)
I’ve never owned one but I have driven one, a friend of mine is a luxury car dealer so I get to drive all sorts of exotics despite being poor… I drive a Volvo C30 (although to be fair to the C30, I do love it, that’s why I bought it).

Ah, was that the word they used? It's been a while since I read it. And thinking about it again now, am wondering whether the word wasn't 'sufficient'. Anyway, same gist..

It was indeed, always makes me smile. I think the truth of the matter was that they couldn’t quote an exact figure to much sample variation based an setup, different fuel standards etc… but regardless of all that, they had ensured it would deliver ample power. I love the power reserve meter in lieu of a rev counter, they’re quirky, a bit vulgar but really rather cool.
"Sufficient", was it? My recollection was that I'd heard "Adequate" by the same token. But "Sufficient" will do the job.

Have to confess I am surprised by the number of fishies that have more than 5 amps.
This is obviously a hifi forum, but figured 2 or 3 would have been the average.

Interestingly this poll made me realize that regardless of amp, I do most of my music listening on an iphone or ipads speakers.
My job allows me to have music in the back ground, but my studio is not safe for an amp, so i listen with what I always carry on me, phone&ipad.
Honestly the set up works so well for me that I have never even considered getting one of the many bluetooth speakers..
Even at home I often just keep the phone playing.
I listen to probably 8 hours music a day, and 90% is not when sitting in the sweet spot…

Do I really need an other amp?

I’ve never owned one but I have driven one, a friend of mine is a luxury car dealer so I get to drive all sorts of exotics despite being poor… I drive a Volvo C30 (although to be fair to the C30, I do love it, that’s why I bought it).
Not driven one, but I used to sometimes get a lift to school in a mate's dad's Silver Spirit I think it was. Not sure what the dad did, possibly some sort of captain of industry. His other car was an XJS, which was a bit cramped in the back but otherwise sublime.

Kenwood KA-3030R
Exposure RC-XXV
Belles Aria (2021MY)
Krell KAV-300iL
Bel Canto EVO 200.2
Yamaha R-N402D - i think, it live in the garage with a pair of Cantons
Myryad MDP-500 pre
Tangent Ampster BT2
A broken Aura C something I think, pre-amp in chrome

There might be more

1969 Quad 33 gathering dust on wardrobe
1969 Quad 303 used as a doorstop