advertisement

pfm Picture A Week (PAW) 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the Elan Valley on a beautifully murky winter's day.

YhqdQrG.jpeg

In the Elan Valley on a beautifully murky winter's day.

YhqdQrG.jpeg

A bit of the world I really like, as a long day-out from here.

Water levels looking very, very much healthier than when I last visited, at the end of August... when the weir underneath the road bridge across Garreg Ddu was exposed and dry; and the inlet nearby the weir, fed from Claerwen above - a distinct fountain! (I have some video clips from phone; here's a pic from the visit)

IMG_1192_800pxBW.jpg

@Tony Lockhart

Loving the development of your drawings in style and range - you've quite the eye, and feel, a distinct Art.

It is splendid stuff - also a lovely evolution to this ... pfm graphic space.

I mean - I draw/scribble/sketch ... freehand, stuff, everyday; I take it for granted for what I do; it's a fundamental part of my thinking, work process & communication, both internally & for others - Maybe some of similar, also belongs here

Philosophical point: the camera, based on camera obscura invented for artists - merely augments the sketchbook as a way to help one record perceptions of aspects of the World. Aesthetic, or technical, other or all.

It is that intent of recording, that matters I think. The media - using what is available to do so - starts with, say, Lascaux caves, what ~ 40K years ago; perhaps Something like that ...

or maybe, like this;

or other!

process_450px.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back