advertisement

Ukraine V

Germany to send at least a company of Leopard 2 tanks to Ukraine - guardian live blog.

how many tanks are in a company?

Moscow has a missile defence system
London doesn't

That`s O.K.

Years ago when Ken Livingstone was Leader of the GLC he declared London a Nuclear Free Zone. When a reporter asked him what that would mean in the case of a Nuclear attack he said " Well, it means it wouldn`t count".

One of the greatest ask a silly question, expect a silly answer exchanges of all time.

Tanks are happening for sure then.
Russia's actual response (not the words of Putin) will be worth watching.

Tanks are happening for sure then.
Russia's actual response (not the words of Putin) will be worth watching.
I think tanks are fairly symbolic. I read an article recently that suggested that tanks aren't especially useful in this war, because the Ukrainians at least have developed a number of effective and simple attack methods. A few hundred dollars of drone, flown in from a mile away by a soldier hiding in a bush and watching on a screen, drops a kilo of artillery shell with DIY fins right on the vulnerable spot of a $1M Russian tank and destroys it.

I think tanks are fairly symbolic. I read an article recently that suggested that tanks aren't especially useful in this war, because the Ukrainians at least have developed a number of effective and simple attack methods. A few hundred dollars of drone, flown in from a mile away by a soldier hiding in a bush and watching on a screen, drops a kilo of artillery shell with DIY fins right on the vulnerable spot of a $1M Russian tank and destroys it.
As far as I know, the Russians have dug in pretty well on the front lines now and unlike earlier in autumn, there are enough troops in those lines as well. The Ukranian army therefore needs to make a proper breakthrough, and tanks will be very useful for this.

The war keeps changing character and the time where mounting machine guns or rocket launchers on Toyotas was a valid tactic is over for now.

The war keeps changing character and the time where mounting machine guns or rocket launchers on Toyotas was a valid tactic is over for now.

Not if you want a cheap tank killer.

1024px-VBL_p1040673.jpg

advertisement

Back