advertisement

JVC AX-Z1010TN - Review (part II)

Has anyone recapped their JVC? It's at least 30 years old now.
I had a hum on a slightly older JVC 1100, and just replaced some Towa capacitors in the audio path, now is dead silent. Most of the capacitors are Elna and replacing all of them is a lot of work, but I'm thinking about..

I had a hum on a slightly older JVC 1100, and just replaced some Towa capacitors in the audio path, now is dead silent. Most of the capacitors are Elna and raaeplacing all of them is a lot of work, but I'm thinking about..

Mine was NOS 5 or so years ago, so no recap yet. Not looking forward to having to recap, disassembly looks daunting. It does look like the boards are single sided though.

I had a hum on a slightly older JVC 1100, and just replaced some Towa capacitors in the audio path, now is dead silent. Most of the capacitors are Elna and replacing all of them is a lot of work, but I'm thinking about..
I had aswell Jvc 1100 and was in perfect condition when was inspected by my technician.

Mine was NOS 5 or so years ago, so no recap yet. Not looking forward to having to recap, disassembly looks daunting. It does look like the boards are single sided though.

Mine was NOS about 4 years ago. Is there any consensus regarding the lifespan of capacitors in a situation such as this? Does the clock start ticking the day of manufacture, or when the amp is first powered up?

Does anyone know the input capacitance of the Moving Magnet input on the AX-Z1010TN?

The manual states its a 47K Load, but I can't see any mention of the capacitance.

I'm using a Audio Technica AT-VM95ML, so I expect the capacitance needs to be on the low side for this particular cartridge?

Service manual shows R47K (R301 & R302) in parallel with C100PF (C301 & C302) when switched to MM. MC is R470 with C1000PF.
In addition phono sockets positives are connected to ground via a C330PF.

Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!

Just to clarify (I'm new cartridge matching), can I please confirm that's

Moving Magnet Impedance = 47kΩ Capacitance = 100pF

Moving Coil Impedance = 470Ω Capacitance = 1000pF

Thank you so much!

Just to clarify (I'm new cartridge matching), can I please confirm that's

Moving Magnet Impedance = 47kΩ Capacitance = 100pF

Moving Coil Impedance = 470Ω Capacitance = 1000pF
That's what the service manual states. I don't know about the MM stage as I did not really look at it but I changed the 470R for 560R in the MC stage to match my Linn ASAKA (nice improvement in treble and soundstage) and the values were as per the manual.

I'm curious, does it get any hot? All Jvc amplifiers I have get quiet hot,
not class A level, but not cool as an AB amplifier.

advertisement

Back