advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Is that your shadow from the gang plank on the red part of Caledonian MacBrayne colour scheme?,
good bit of creativity there John.

I am embarrassed to say i'm from the lowland jungle of Glasgow,
far and away from the Heilan's i am afraid, last time i was onboard a Calmac was Millport on my bike.

Yesterday was the first day in a long time (years) that I actually took a sick day.
No selfie...I was in bed all day and I think I looked a lot greyer than that...:(
But maybe not as rough ..:D

The last time I was off sick with a cold etc was, I think, eight or ten years ago. Guys were telling me today that I shouldn’t be at work, but at least we were cracking jokes.

Old man spending Christmas Day on a bench.

52585388701_8075fea771.jpg

https://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo...er-compromise-over-ownership-of-monkey-selfie

Back in 2011, Naruto was just an anonymous macaque in the jungles of Indonesia. On one particular day, however, the photogenic primate happened upon a wildlife photographer's camera and snapped a "monkey selfie."

Whether the act was intentional or a quite-too-literal instance of monkeying around, only the grinning primate knows for certain. But it raised a complicated question: Who owns the images Naruto took, the monkey or the man?

It also started a years-long saga in which the U.S. Copyright Office and even Wikipedia weighed in.

On Monday, People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals announced a settlement with photographer David Slater, ending a lawsuit it filed on Naruto's behalf. Under the deal, Slater agreed to donate 25 percent of future revenue from the photos to groups that protect crested macaques and their habitat in Indonesia. Both sides also asked the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals "to dismiss the case and throw out a lower court decision that said animals cannot own copyrights," The Associated Press reports.

"PETA and David Slater agree that this case raises important, cutting-edge issues about expanding legal rights for nonhuman animals, a goal that they both support, and they will continue their respective work to achieve this goal," read a joint statement on the group's website.

advertisement

Back