advertisement

Trip Hop - Unkle, Tricky, Portishead, Allflaws

I have no idea where I picked up on this duo, (no) apologies if they appear above - Sunda Arc - their "Tides" has just arrived and is playing. Amazing.

A bit too intense/fast to fit the thread maybe, but............. a very complex blend of modern jazz, modern clasical and ambient (on speed), and......................

New album due in a couple of weeks.

Just started on this and I'm captivated already. Will listen to the whole thing when I have some space this weekend. You do find some real gems.

Just started on this and I'm captivated already. Will listen to the whole thing when I have some space this weekend. You do find some real gems.
Managed to listen to the whole album and was completely blown away. What a incredible musical journey.

Here is a video from their album Night Lands

What a incredible musical journey.

It reminds me of so much great trip/ambient but it is also unlike anything else too. It does reach the parts that others do not. Anyone who can ignore this when playing can have no soul.

Playing again now - it just brings a broad smile to my face, and calm.

Just chilled absorbing music - again, not really a fit to the thread title at all - but investigate Puma Blue

Last edited:
It reminds me of so much great trip/ambient but it is also unlike anything else too. It does reach the parts that others do not. Anyone who can ignore this when playing can have no soul.

Playing again now - it just brings a broad smile to my face, and calm.

Just chilled absorbing music - again, not really a fit to the thread title at all - but investigate Puma Blue
Yes the whole album is an incredible piece of music. Lots of soul, layers and depth. You really need lots of time, space and contemplation to really enjoy it. I shall revisit it again this week for sure.
Also will try out Puma Blue as well :)

New Sunda Arc album is out today. Sounding really good so far. Doubt I'm going to stump up the cash for the vinyl though. Expensive!

advertisement

Back