advertisement

At a distance there's probably precious little difference between an Anglia and an Ami, when realized in Lego:

H1118-L219753439.jpg

CgMVy-dWwAA2bJA.jpg
That Ami is beautiful, though

Not exactly in the spirit of the thread - just cracked open the crate on what I’m very confident will be the last pair of speakers I buy (for the main system…) for many years:

0-F829907-1998-4515-8156-DC76-FA863-A16.jpg

I’ll post a proper system photo when they’re built and installed.

I’ve heard the Confidence 30 but never the 20 and it’s definitely on my list to hear.

Maybe it was me? Got there in the end, although I can't post this text in the same comment, still too spam like, apparently!

So good to have music again, just got back from down under after eight years there. Went eight months without whilst finding a place to buy and no, those Google circle things don't count as 'music' as I discovered!

Took twelve hours to unbox, set up and (partially) optimise, but was so worth the effort.

Everything wooden is made from Australian Blackwood (a tone wood), including the speakers veneer, which are Osborns, a well-kept secret from Australia. The Model is the Epitome, and they come in three flavours, I went for the top 'reference elites', which means they have felt - lead - felt internal lining and the best crossovers he can make, as a result they weigh in at 105 kg each.

Nothing I've heard comes close to them in terms of absolute performance for the price.

Maybe it was me? Got there in the end, although I can't post this text in the same comment, still too spam like, apparently!

So good to have music again, just got back from down under after eight years there. Went eight months without whilst finding a place to buy and no, those Google circle things don't count as 'music' as I discovered!

Took twelve hours to unbox, set up and (partially) optimise, but was so worth the effort.

Everything wooden is made from Australian Blackwood (a tone wood), including the speakers veneer, which are Osborns, a well-kept secret from Australia. The Model is the Epitome, and they come in three flavours, I went for the top 'reference elites', which means they have felt - lead - felt internal lining and the best crossovers he can make, as a result they weigh in at 105 kg each.

Nothing I've heard comes close to them in terms of absolute performance for the price.

Very nice! I could imagine that the wife would be thrilled to help get those speakers out of the box:)
What is the rest of the system please?

I remember a great cottage hifi industry in Australia when I was there. I used to own VAF research speakers which were superb. They only weighed a modest 65kg each.

advertisement

Back