advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
bescause the French unlike the British try not to make things differcult for themselves unlike the English who love enacting every bit of legislation known to man !…. Interesting one of my brexit friends just had some wonderful medical treatment in france for his heart check up at the local French GP then off to the hospital all very friendly and nice and as Christian said as it used to be in Britain !…
Ah yes. I remember getting proper medical treatment that was paid for by my taxes. French dentistry was streets ahead of the UK in 2003-5 when I lived there and again in 2011, when I was working there for a few months, is that still the case 10 years on? It couldn't be worse, at the moment, unless they start farming that out to Rwanda as well.

Amusing contortions? Hahaha. The sealioning from hard remainers is the most amusing and ironic thing of all.

Sealioning (also sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with relentless requests for evidence, often tangential or previously addressed, while maintaining a pretence of civility and sincerity ("I'm just trying to have a debate"), and feigning ignorance of the subject matter. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"

LOL. Irony indeed.

Why not explain what it is you’ve imagined?

As ever, a total misrepresentation on your part of what I said. Where did I say any of that?

What are you on about?

Explain why you mention it please. What is the relevance to anything I posted?

Really? Examples?

I've never said voting leave was not dumb nor have I ever looked for a reason to say it wasn't dumb. Example, fella. Examples.

The misrepresentation of my pov needs to stop.

Got any tw*tter links to the truth from the individual you linked yesterday, or have they not bothered with that?

iu

Ah yes. I remember getting proper medical treatment that was paid for by my taxes. French dentistry was streets ahead of the UK in 2003-5 when I lived there and again in 2011, when I was working there for a few months, is that still the case 10 years on? It couldn't be worse, at the moment, unless they start farming that out to Rwanda as well.

the simple fact is that there health service has been better managed with part private part state when I lived there they were building small effective cottage hospitals for community’s while we were paying consultants to build huge expensive hospitals over managed and inefficient! All the money and time spent on brexit should have been used to improve our lives instead of an adventure in ideology.., when in fact we live in a global world !. The cutty sark and east India trading company are long gone and we need to be part of a large trading block , not an island with a glorious past begging for the scraps of whatever is left after the deals have been done with others !
We had a fine deal with Europe retention of the pound a gateway to Europe for other countries without being tied to the euro ! …and we gave it up !! .
Would I rather have been a Roundhead god know ! Couldn’t bear the drabness … and less face it I look a whole lot better as a cavalier:))

Sealioning (also sea-lioning and sea lioning) is a type of trolling or harassment that consists of pursuing people with relentless requests for evidence, often tangential or previously addressed, while maintaining a pretence of civility and sincerity ("I'm just trying to have a debate"), and feigning ignorance of the subject matter. It may take the form of "incessant, bad-faith invitations to engage in debate"

LOL. Irony indeed.
LOL. Yes, irony. Read the first sentence in your own post above for irony. You and a few of the gang should read all of it.

I could quote 6 years of your sealioning but I’m not in an internet gang so I don’t have people to impress and frankly, it would take hours.

There is another word for people like you, fella.

LOL. Yes, irony. Read the first sentence in your own post above for irony. You and a few of the gang should read all of it.

I could quote 6 years of your sealioning but I’m not in an internet gang so I don’t have people to impress and frankly, it would take hours.

There is another word for people like you, fella.

You've never knowingly debated in anything other than bad faith, your constant denials of previously held positions or involvements. The victimhood on the regular occasions where you are caught out and and of course, the accusations levelled at others that actually apply to you. Fella.

... Anyway Toby how are those lovely speakers behaving ? I didn’t have you down as a (Roundhead) brexitier you seemed such an interesting intelligent man :))

They're marvellous, James, thank you again. It was an enormous pleasure to meet you. I'll drop you a line when I get a moment.

Last edited:
and accused it of portraying the UK “as an insular backwater whose inhabitants are drowning in a tide of nostalgia, racism and bad

That’s pretty much how I feel about large sections the UK to be honest. Not so much the bad food though.

“an insular backwater whose inhabitants are drowning in a tide of nostalgia, racism and bad food”
Funny and sad at the same time. Britain is going to need more time to to come to terms with what it is rather than what it imagines itself to be. Cameron talked a good game but his party showed itself to be the same old order with its belief in exceptionalism, shaking its fist at Europe (and our other allies), wallowing in fantasies of ‘trading with the Commonwealth’, a free trade deal with America ( cos we’re special ) and putting down anyone in the country challenging their bankrupt ideas. Now we are faced with a Labour opposition convinced the way to gain and cling on to power is to ape them. It just makes the come down even longer and the damage greater.

Funny and sad at the same time. Britain is going to need more time to to come to terms with what it is rather than what it imagines itself to be. Cameron talked a good game but his party showed itself to be the same old order with its belief in exceptionalism, shaking its fist at Europe (and our other allies), wallowing in fantasies of ‘trading with the Commonwealth’, a free trade deal with America ( cos we’re special ) and putting down anyone in the country challenging their bankrupt ideas. Now we are faced with a Labour opposition convinced the way to gain and cling on to power is to ape them. It just makes the come down even longer and the damage greater.
"Come down"?....I must have missed the "high" bit. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back