advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your selective reading is amazing. Have I not mentioned the Euro (but left out the EU)? The Euro which Portugal and Greece joined of their own free will, and whose Governments had the power to set the conversion rate.

I certainly acknowledged that you acknowledged (albeit extremely fleetingly, and in such a way as to make it sort of disappear) the Euro. And not the EU.

I can't stream YouTube, you'll have to tell me what he said, though I shouldn't need to ask, as what he said is shown in your Guardian piece.

This, incidentally, is a classic pfm bunny hole. What R-M did or didn't say is a complete irrelevance.

A far more pertinent point is not the fact that the EZ governments chose the rate at which their domestic currencies converted to the Euro, but that they henceforth lost sovereignty over their domestic interest rates.

I can't stream YouTube, you'll have to tell me what he said

Why an earth can you not view a simple clip? There is more to it than the "the benefits of Brexit won't be clear for fifty years" attempt to deflect. It's quite striking how gloomily correct the female audience member has proved to be.

I would suggest that you have succumbed to a far greater degree of propaganda than I, a dark art at which the press office of the European Commission is notoriously adept.

Says the man who seems to think a hard Brexit is the best option. When they have you believing absurdities, well, it's a dangerous path...

Says the man who seems to think a hard Brexit is the best option. When they have you believing absurdities, well, it's a dangerous path...

I certainly went through a stage of thinking that a hard Brexit would be the only option, most particularly when the UK was being routinely outmanoeuvred and stiffed by the EU negotiating team, but it isn't where I either started out or finished. Wiser Council prevailed in the form of strongly anti-EU voices who urged caution, most particularly in rereading the many essays on the matter by the late Christopher Booker, who was one of the leading commentators on the long history of the lies and the deception that lie at the core of the European project, but who was furiously anti-brexit in the form that it took, and who strongly espoused the Efta route.

Why an earth can you not view a simple clip? There is more to it than the "the benefits of Brexit won't be clear for fifty years" attempt to deflect. It's quite striking how gloomily correct the female audience member has proved to be.

How can you tell whether she was correct or not, we haven't had the 50 years yet!

FWIW we actually haven't even had two yet and they have been characterised by one of the most inept governments on record. And one or two other things.

Just 48 years to go.

I certainly went through a stage of thinking that a hard Brexit would be the only option, most particularly when the UK was being routinely outmanoeuvred and stiffed by the EU negotiating team, but it isn't where I either started out or finished. Wiser Council prevailed in the form of strongly anti-EU voices who urged caution, most particularly in rereading the many essays on the matter by the late Christopher Booker, who was one of the leading commentators on the long history of the lies and the deception that lie at the core of the European project, but who was furiously anti-brexit in the form that it took, and who strongly espoused the Efta route.

Well, the ERG made damn sure we got that hard Brexit. It's not exactly going well, is it?

I think you'll find we always needed a passport, though it was a rather fabulous Burgundy-coloured one.

A bit naughty of them. I'm quite intrigued as to how they managed to do so, though, as we're constantly assured on here that it is no longer possible for a Brit to live in Europe?
As you know, it is possible, just as it's possible for a Brit to emigrate to the USA or Russia. It's just not especially easy. As we all know, a Brit can't live in Europe without a successful application to do so, and there are conditions attached. Without said application, a Brit is only allowed to stay in Europe for 3 months in any 6. But you know this, it's just your usual disingenuous routine.

He can, and he's seen it just as often as we all have. Coming soon, EV will point out (again) that JRM didn't actually say ""the benefits of Brexit won't be clear for fifty years", as he has done before, but he won't do that for a while because he's currently enjoying jerking your chain and winding you in v-e-r-y slowly. Eventually, if you let him, he'll have you dancing around that particular angel on a pinhead for a while, as we debate the difference between "over the next 50 years" and "not for 50 years". We've covered the ground before, we can split hairs about what JRM said, or meant, or didn't, it's academic. We are now where we are, it's a sh*t show, and some of us around here voted for it.

As you know, it is possible, just as it's possible for a Brit to emigrate to the USA or Russia. It's just not especially easy. As we all know, a Brit can't live in Europe without a successful application to do so, and there are conditions attached. Without said application, a Brit is only allowed to stay in Europe for 3 months in any 6. But you know this, it's just your usual disingenuous routine.

Of course I know these things, and as Tanzio has illustrated, it is possible to overcome these issues. Even, it seems, for lowlife Brexiters, who should know better.

He can, and he's seen it just as often as we all have. Coming soon, EV will point out (again) that JRM didn't actually say ""the benefits of Brexit won't be clear for fifty years", as he has done before, but he won't do that for a while because he's currently enjoying jerking your chain and winding you in v-e-r-y slowly. Eventually, if you let him, he'll have you dancing around that particular angel on a pinhead for a while, as we debate the difference between "over the next 50 years" and "not for 50 years". We've covered the ground before, we can split hairs about what JRM said, or meant, or didn't, it's academic. We are now where we are, it's a sh*t show, and some of us around here voted for it.

As I said upstream, what R-M did or didn't say is of utter irrelevance, and it ain't me what started it, guv. Aim your ire at tuga, who drew us back into that particular loop as a way of distracting us, or me, from his obvious lack of nous on the 2012 EZ meltdown.

As I said upstream, what R-M did or didn't say is of utter irrelevance, and it ain't me what started it, guv. Aim your ire at tuga, who drew us back into that particular loop as a way of distracting us, or me, from his obvious lack of nous on the 2012 EZ meltdown.

Why can't you play YouTube videos EV?

Poor internet. I have since managed. It was all very old stuff, rehearsed thousands of times over the last 6 years. I'm not sure what the point is, or what it has to do with the EZ crisis and Portugal, which us what I was trying to discuss with tuga before he threw the J R-M deflection into the spokes.

The contortions are amusing, the total inability to stick to the simple question re-the UK's membership. But you're right.

The contortions are amusing, the total inability to stick to the simple question re-the UK's membership. But you're right.
Amusing contortions? Hahaha. The sealioning from hard remainers is the most amusing and ironic thing of all.

No contortions from me, matey, though there's a fair bit of wriggling going on elsewhere in this thread. What happened to tuga, he's disappeared? He can't surely have run out of Guardian articles to quote!

What was your simple question regarding Britain's membership of the EU?

If it helps things along, Britain isn't a member of the EU.

I think you'll find we always needed a passport, though it was a rather fabulous Burgundy-coloured one.

A bit naughty of them. I'm quite intrigued as to how they managed to do so, though, as we're constantly assured on here that it is no longer possible for a Brit to live in Europe?

bescause the French unlike the British try not to make things differcult for themselves unlike the English who love enacting every bit of legislation known to man !…. Interesting one of my brexit friends just had some wonderful medical treatment in france for his heart check up at the local French GP then off to the hospital all very friendly and nice and as Christian said as it used to be in Britain !… he BTW voted for brexit but like so many others wishes he hadn’t ….
Anyway Toby how are those lovely speakers behaving ? I didn’t have you down as a (Roundhead) brexitier you seemed such an interesting intelligent man :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back