advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, Obviously. What’s your point? Why are you on about buzzwords?
I.e. we (the UK) need them (the EU) more than they need us. This was always so and predicted countless times but inverted or denied by those advocating leave.
Now people are pretending they don’t understand the phrase or have never heard it before.

Brexit added nearly £6bn to UK food bills in two years, research finds
Cost of food imported from EU rose because of extra red tape, with poorest most affected

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-to-uk-food-bills-in-two-years-research-finds

The cost of food imported from the EU shot up because of extra red tape, adding £210 to the average household food bills over 2020 and 2021, London School of Economics (LSE) researchers discovered.

Cost of food imported from EU rose because of extra red tape, with poorest most affected

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...-to-uk-food-bills-in-two-years-research-finds

The cost of food imported from the EU shot up because of extra red tape, adding £210 to the average household food bills over 2020 and 2021, London School of Economics (LSE) researchers discovered.
Well, colour me surprised

Who knew that trashing your best and biggest trade relationships would do that?

Still, at least we have the freedom to have fewer rights with more difficult and costly trade and travel, and don't forget those blue passports, crowns on pint glasses, the tiny trade deals on worse terms and water tight control of our borders.

Winners, that's what we are.

But the great British housewife was going to see her food shopping go down in price. The poor African farmer would be filling our plates at knockdown prices and we’d be giving them a hand up instead of a hand out. Beef and lamb would be coming in at lower prices, it was quids in.

Brexit will REDUCE food, wine and clothes costs by 20% - Rees-Mogg fires back at Remainers
EXCLUSIVE: Leaving the European Union (EU) will reduce people’s food, wine and clothes bills by up to 20 per cent, said Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg.
The Conservative MP told Express.co.uk Britons’ living standards will soar after Brexit thanks to the removal or reduction of tariffs.
He said the world is now our oyster and we will not have to be restricted by punitive food, wine, clothing and footwear costs.
The quality of food could easily increase as well, he said.

I.e. we (the UK) need them (the EU) more than they need us. This was always so and predicted countless times but inverted or denied by those advocating leave.
Now people are pretending they don’t understand the phrase or have never heard it before.
Yes, I know.

Who is pretending anything? Personally, I understand the phrase but I have no idea why the member decided to mention the ‘buzzword’ in reply to a post I made. It’s just an unrelated and random comment. I doubt the person concerned will ever be able to explain.

As I said. Why not explain what it is you’ve imagined?

Still, at least we have the freedom to have fewer rights with more difficult and costly trade and travel, and don't forget those blue passports, crowns on pint glasses, the tiny trade deals on worse terms and water tight control of our borders.

In short, you might say Brexit is making everything even worse for us. It’s all a dog’s Brexit.

But the great British housewife was going to see her food shopping go down in price. The poor African farmer would be filling our plates at knockdown prices and we’d be giving them a hand up instead of a hand out. Beef and lamb would be coming in at lower prices, it was quids in.

Brexit will REDUCE food, wine and clothes costs by 20% - Rees-Mogg fires back at Remainers
EXCLUSIVE: Leaving the European Union (EU) will reduce people’s food, wine and clothes bills by up to 20 per cent, said Brexiteer Jacob Rees-Mogg.
The Conservative MP told Express.co.uk Britons’ living standards will soar after Brexit thanks to the removal or reduction of tariffs.
He said the world is now our oyster and we will not have to be restricted by punitive food, wine, clothing and footwear costs.

If only fools like this could be held accountable and made to pay.. (Fool is probaly the weakest word I can come up with for mogg)

I doubt many voted for that. There was no need for a tory hard brexit, or even brexit.

Some people need to absorb the bit in bold. Clamouring to repeat the same mistake is exceptionally stupid.

it would be great if some of the protagonists of the 2016 PFM brexit debates, the ones who often mentioned the poor African farmer, could come back here and explain what has gone wrong and how it can be put right.

A rather forlorn hope, I’ll grant you.

I doubt many voted for that. There was no need for a tory hard brexit, or even brexit.

Some people need to absorb the bit in bold. Clamouring to repeat the same mistake is exceptionally stupid.

I'm sure many people voted for MEGA. Dumb people.

Have we found an advantage yet? Or is it still a stupid thing caused mainly by Russian espionage and British people not trusting foreigners?

There's no option but to have Rees-Mogg, Boris and Nigel cover the shortfall. Unlike liberals, conservatives place personal responsibility first and foremost.

Joe

I'm sure many people voted for MEGA. Dumb people.
MEGA? Anyway, you should be lecturing the nationalists, the people who undermined the Labour party, the tory voters and those who refuse to support the opposition to the tories. There was plenty of opportunity for there to be no brexit. Many of those who complain the loudest are part of why it has happened.

Have we found an advantage yet? Or is it still a stupid thing caused mainly by Russian espionage and British people not trusting foreigners?
It’s like full circle again. I said 6 years ago there will never be a benefit of brexit accepted by the uncompromising minority who don’t respect the outcome of a democratic referendum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back