advertisement

Scottish Independence - Court case lost

Brian

Eating fat, staying slim
Scottish government loses indyref2 court case

Now what?

Don't forget, the SNP has almost the same percentage vote in Scotland as the tories in the UK. There are millions of Scots who don't want independence.

the court ruled unanimously that she (Sturgeon) does not have the power to do so because the issue is reserved to Westminster.

Source: BBC

So as the only Colony left to rob we don't get any say. Personally I don't have enough years left to care about myself but God Forbid
my Grand kids have to contend with the utter Filth that purports to Govern us.
The blatant corruption is on the net for all to see.
It's got to the Stage they brazenly tell us how they are shafting us to line their and their mates pockets and still the sheep can't see it?
As to the Millions of Scots who don't want Independence, how many of these are English Immigrants or thick old wives that think
Matt Handoncock is the best guy in the Jungle (kind of shows why they shouldn't even be allowed a Vote).
On the other hand the amount of Treble Barrelled names suggest it's from the wee branch of the Services, supposedly protecting us?
They are protecting us from utterly nothing, Aircraft Carriers (Don't mention the ludicrous planes that are crap), Tanks, eh they are rubbish.. the idiot SNP screw up two Ferries and it's the end of the World?
Everything these Tories touch is late and over budget but lines the pockets of their useless mates.
How much to upgrade Trident? feeding the American arms Industry and protecting us from absolutely zilch,, when they Nuke Central Scotland do
you retards think you can just put on your Shades and watch us burn,,
be better wondering how you can water your lawns and heat your house, Come the Day it's going to cost you dearly, if we are still here when these
idiots in Wastemonster decide sending arms to Ukraine to fight a Proxy War is more important than having their own Citizens freezing to Death come the Winter.
Global Warming, Brexshit and Covid,all our Prayers are answered to have them living in Caves whilst we triple our Wealth.
In spite of these Tory Vermin screwing my Pension, bar for my Grand Kids, I'd up sticks tomorrow and leave the utter Sh....l. of a Kingdom

FWIW, Scotsmen have been prominent in colonialism, in the East India company for one example.

FWIW, Scotsmen have been prominent in colonialism, in the East India company for one example.

The Scottish diaspora is vast, wherever we go in the world we see it.

Here in N E Essex most of the farming community is Scottish, they saw an opportunity when no lazy English people would farm the land.

My daughter was educated in Scotland so now speaks French with an Essex / Clacks / Marseille accent.

Personally i think we should carry on supporting Scotland; but then i thought the same about Europe.

Brexit is a valid reason to revisit the question
As an outsider looking in, that was my thought. One of the reasons for the first referendum going against the independence vote was that it would have taken Scotland out of the EU. Then came Brexit and Scotland was taken out against its will (as was my native Norn Iron).

My sympathies are very much with Scottish independence, I just can't see that it is economically feasible as things currently stand. It seems to me that it would be a rerun of Brexit, in which the leaving country voluntarily cut itself off from its largest market next door. We've seen how that has gone - does Scotland want the same experience, while waiting for the EU cavalry to arrive? (It won't happen overnight). It seems to me that things would need to change dramatically to make it feasible, and that possibility has receded now that there are more adult-seeming people in Westminster. Had Liz Truss stayed in power, I'd imagine that a substantial slice of England would also have been searching for the exit.

Last edited:
I'm not in favour of Scottish Independence I think it would be harmful to both parties, no more than I was for Brexit for the same reasons. The Project Fear (now known as "the news") would apply equally as much. Smaller is worse in an increasingly global market, except for a few speculators and disaster capitalists or people so insulated they don't care.

However, I'm in no doubt that the 2014 vote would never have carried had Scots realised that the rest of the UK was bent on such a course. Indeed, much false comfort was offered, as they were told losing their position inside the EU as an independent nation would not be worth it.

On that basis, they should be allowed to decide whether they wish to remain "handcuffed to the masturbating Gorilla" as someone put it, because this is not what those voting in 2014 could have imagined. Had the UK not voted for Brexit, this would imo not even have been a thing. As the UK slips further backwards, this question will not go away and frankly the Unionist's best chance is to allow a vote now, because the more damage that is done, the less likely Scots are to want to be part of it.

Scotland will only be allowed a vote if they are certain to lose it. The last one was too close for comfort that the Queen intervened unconstitutionally to swing the balance.

I'm not sure why it's only oppressed peoples that have the right to self-determination though. I think that's contrived. Clearly Australia, for example, has an absolute right to elect its own Head of State, rather than having the King proclaimed as such by the Governor General. Any other argument is just a throwback to imperialism.

This suits Sturgeon though (and a scandalous decision was surely what she anticipated), now she doesn't have to fight the GE on the SNP's record in office. Vote SNP for independence, Starmer for King and Country. They'll be no independence through the ballot box...

Last edited:
I am in favour of Scots independence, English independence, Welsh independence. After this all will, I expect, be clamoring to get into the EU: army, euro and everything. 'Bout time.

I am in favour of Scots independence, English independence, Welsh independence. After this all will, I expect, be clamoring to get into the EU: army, euro and everything. 'Bout time.

I'm exactly the opposite; i think we should have managed the empire so that countries wanted to be part of it. Instead we abused our position and used it for our own gain.

That lesson hasn't been learnt.

advertisement

Back