advertisement

Went and bought this little number yesterday, I’m speaker less at the moment, so only playing out of headphones and straight from MacBook, so far from hearing the best, but even with that the Class A thing is somewhat beguiling. I can’t help feeling like an 8 year old who has just opened up a Scalextric set on Christmas morning waiting to the mains to be re connected!! :rolleyes:

52481205072_a07689fe2b_b.jpg
A fine choice, sir!

Thanks John, was talking to Andrew re your one and getting some feedback from him. So far even though I need to sort a DAC and it’s straight out of the MacBook the HD800S have never sounded so warm and smooth.

Managed to get a boxed unused one at a good price.

Thanks John, was talking to Andrew re your one and getting some feedback from him. So far even though I need to sort a DAC and it’s straight out of the MacBook the HD800S have never sounded so warm and smooth.

Managed to get a boxed unused one at a good price.
They're fantastic amps. Though, and I don't want to put ideas in your head, the headphone stage isn't up to the standard of the rest of the amp. It's fine, but only provides a hint at the capabilities of the amp. I'm already regretting selling mine. Mostly :)

Yeah, aware of the headphone out not being the best, and sure it’s not as good as the Mcintosh, although it’s not a direct comparison due to the Mcintosh having an in built DAC. Probably going to go for a Hugo2 so I can use it for headphone duties when not plugged into the amp.

Went and bought this little number yesterday, I’m speaker less at the moment, so only playing out of headphones and straight from MacBook, so far from hearing the best, but even with that the Class A thing is somewhat beguiling. I can’t help feeling like an 8 year old who has just opened up a Scalextric set on Christmas morning waiting to the mains to be re connected!! :rolleyes:

52481205072_a07689fe2b_b.jpg

ah yes, one of the highlights of the year, if successful: seeing the Christmas Scalextrix advert during kids' programmes times (talking about the 1970s).
seemed to miss it more years than otherwise, and never did get a set, gifted or otherwise (yes, the wound has never healed).
anyway, great pic.

Bye bye flat, it was a good room for sound and about the only thing I'll miss about the place, that and watching the horses below from the balcony.

Hello new house, vinyl playing today for the first time, and no, I've got no idea where the rest of the vinyl is going, that isn't all of it.

Bye bye flat, it was a good room for sound and about the only thing I'll miss about the place, that and watching the horses below from the balcony.

Hello new house, vinyl playing today for the first time, and no, I've got no idea where the rest of the vinyl is going, that isn't all of it.

I must drop by some time Matt! :)

Are you allowed to do stuff like that in a rental?

…. :)

mmm….. my Daughter has done it in her rental house, and put all of her HiFi on shelves that she put up as well.
As long as it could be reversed, i.e. screw holes hidden, I don’t see a problem as long as it is done tastefully.

I bet you may be pleasantly surprised if you ask politely!

advertisement

Back