advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXIV

Zoe update. Case rates are flattening overall and increasing again among school children then up the ladder to parents and older people. Same main symptoms, sore throat primarily, which is used to distinguish from a cold (usually)

I had an episode lat night, don't think it was covid related though but not tested yet.

I started getting a bit head spinny in the afternoon then took the dog out for a walk last night and it was like I was drunk, stagering about not walking properly, managed to get home and was violently sick, ended up in bed from about 8pm until this morning with nothing to eat from about four yesterday until 8am this morning.

I'm feeling better now but not 100% I've also been out with the dog.

I had similar when the coronavirus kicked in back in May 2020 and thought that was covid and ended up at an emergency hospital clinc during the night and seen a doctor who was convinced I had covid but I subsequently tested negative and, as far as I know, I've never had covid.

I'm never ever unwell but that was one weird experience last night.

The only thing I can think of is that I got absolutely soaked on Wednesday and I mean drenched so it might have been an ear infection, who knows?

Tony

I had an episode lat night, don't think it was covid related though but not tested yet.

I started getting a bit head spinny in the afternoon then took the dog out for a walk last night and it was like I was drunk, stagering about not walking properly, managed to get home and was violently sick, ended up in bed from about 8pm until this morning with nothing to eat from about four yesterday until 8am this morning.

I know two people who have had attacks of Vertigo recently: my mother-in-law, and another friend of mine. MIL was relatively mild, but it's knocked her confidence a bit as she fell. My friend had it much more severely, initial episode much as you describe (he was at work, they had to replace the carpet) and he didn't feel able to drive for about a month. I can't recall hearing of other episodes from anybody I know, ever, so I wonder whether there's something doing the rounds (perhaps Covid?) which triggers it, hence if it is currently more common? Anybody know if Vertigo is a) reportedly on the rise and b) reported as a possible Covid side-effect?

I know two people who have had attacks of Vertigo recently: my mother-in-law, and another friend of mine. MIL was relatively mild, but it's knocked her confidence a bit as she fell. My friend had it much more severely, initial episode much as you describe (he was at work, they had to replace the carpet) and he didn't feel able to drive for about a month. I can't recall hearing of other episodes from anybody I know, ever, so I wonder whether there's something doing the rounds (perhaps Covid?) which triggers it, hence if it is currently more common? Anybody know if Vertigo is a) reportedly on the rise and b) reported as a possible Covid side-effect?

Dizziness is being reported with covid at a rate of about 1 in 5 cases so it's not uncommon but also not universal.

I had similar when the coronavirus kicked in back in May 2020 and thought that was covid and ended up at an emergency hospital clinc during the night and seen a doctor who was convinced I had covid but I subsequently tested negative and, as far as I know, I've never had covid.

I'm never ever unwell but that was one weird experience last night.

The only thing I can think of is that I got absolutely soaked on Wednesday and I mean drenched so it might have been an ear infection, who knows?

Tony
Nausea, dizziness, vomiting.
Any ear pressure or tinnitus?
If so get checked out for Ménière’s disease.
I’ve suffered with this for over 10 years and a bad attack leaves me unable to remain on hands and knees, never mind stand, and unable to see properly.

Dizziness is being reported with covid at a rate of about 1 in 5 cases so it's not uncommon but also not universal.

My wife thought it might have been Covid Gav but my daughter, whose a GP, never mentioned anything but then that's not unusual normally her advice is 'go and see your GP':rolleyes:

Nausea, dizziness, vomiting.
Any ear pressure or tinnitus?
If so get checked out for Ménière’s disease.
I’ve suffered with this for over 10 years and a bad attack leaves me unable to remain on hands and knees, never mind stand, and unable to see properly.

No, no ear pressure or tinnitus, I'm struggling a bit with a new lens prescription but I've been wearing the glasses now for about five weeks with no real side effects.

Other than the vomiting, that's how my latest bout started. Moved onto tickly throat and a tight, sore feeling around my head.

Yup, that's what they are there for, if you can get a hold of one. Good advice from your daughter Tony :)

You could have your head hanging off Brian and she'd still say 'oh, you need to go see your GP dad':D

I though, marvellous a doctor in the house no more GP visits a bit like having a joiner or a mechanic in the house but nope, no advice whatsoever, unless your leg is hanging off in which case the advice changes to 'you'll have to go to A&E dad:)

You could have your head hanging off Brian and she'd still say 'oh, you need to go see your GP dad':D

I though, marvellous a doctor in the house no more GP visits a bit like having a joiner or a mechanic in the house but nope, no advice whatsoever, unless your leg is hanging off in which case the advice changes to 'you'll have to go to A&E dad:)

Nobody does mates' rates anymore...

I though, marvellous a doctor in the house no more GP visits a bit like having a joiner or a mechanic in the house but nope, no advice whatsoever, unless your leg is hanging off in which case the advice changes to 'you'll have to go to A&E dad:)[/QUOT

I'm sure she loves ya really :D Get well soon mate

A friend is visiting family in Japan at the moment and he posted some footage on Facebook of him wandering around outside Yurakucho station in central Tokyo. I was surprised to see that even outdoors a good 90% of people were wearing face masks.

Out of a population 125 million Japan had 32,000 cases last week.

I'm not suggesting for a second that this is because of face masks. I just find it really interesting how different the Japanese response has been to covid.

A friend is visiting family in Japan at the moment and he posted some footage on Facebook of him wandering around outside Yurakucho station in central Tokyo. I was surprised to see that even outdoors a good 90% of people were wearing face masks.

Out of a population 125 million Japan had 32,000 cases last week.

I'm not suggesting for a second that this is because of face masks. I just find it really interesting how different the Japanese response has been to covid.

Didn't most Tokyo residents wear face masks if walking the city's streets even before Covid?

advertisement

Back