advertisement

New Naim streamer preamp

PerF

Scandinavian Member
Threads pulled/removed/moderated on the green place

cc6b20624183d16b608d3f888abbd0a56cefa746.jpeg

abd294ce3b83c9ec6f7e8736762ce048c45f3b96_2_666x500.png

It will be interesting to see the new styling. Retro is cool now so perhaps a return to tractor wheels?

Or perhaps it is NSC 222 and NSC 333, Naim Streaming Control, in Naim nomenclature it would be like NAC Naim Amplifier Control, and could be a sort of preamp replacement for 202, or 172 and 272. Either way the ‘New Classic’ bit points to new casework for sure.

I doubt it’ll ever happen now, but I’d be up for a simple NAIT and separate DAC in those half-width (Solstice-style) boxes, hooked up to directly to my Mac Mini. KISS.
For what it’s worth, I’ve had an NDX2 for two years and both it and the app have been faultless. We hear far more from those with issues, frequently from operator error, than from those who are perfectly happy with something.

It will be interesting to see how displays, selector buttons and volume knobs get integrated into the new design.

For what it’s worth, I’ve had an NDX2 for two years and both it and the app have been faultless. We hear far more from those with issues, frequently from operator error, than from those who are perfectly happy with something.

That’s reassuring, thanks. Yes, I’ve thought before that contented owners are less likely to make themselves heard.

If these ‘New Classics’ look the part (quite important for me), I expect I’ll have to try some for myself at home.

I would like this to be an actual finished product being shipped out to a dealer for an imminent release but I think after Xmas is more likely for any arrival of new products. As for looks, well I think you just have to look at the Statement and Uniti range to see the direction Naim's design is going. Whether the preamps will have the large top-mounted volume control is something we won't know about until we see photos of the actual final product.

We hear far more from those with issues, frequently from operator error, than from those who are perfectly happy with something.

Always, when something is good, product, service, etc, most folks may tell a handful of people, when something is bad they'll tell anyone that will listen.

The phrase/branding “ New Classic” implies a wider re vamp of the classic range…..suspect the Solstice stuff is the direction of travel for looks. Can’t be long now until some sort of official comment.

Another New Streamer thread was taken down on the green forum this morning.

I doubt anything will be announced until next year

That would seem a bit late now the cat is out.

An entire change of "classic" range to "new classic" range sound rather comprehensive, they will of course have some marketing preparation to release, exiting to follow even the highly moderated Naim forum.

Bearing in mind the year-long gap between Naim announcing the Nova etc. and them actually hitting the stores, I’m expecting to see these in 2024. ;)

advertisement

Back