advertisement

Thanks

They are Arcs, the rest of the system is in a corner by the other settee so its not east to photograph.
Arcs, Hackernaps, Starfish pre, Densen B410 cd, B800 tuner, Roksan Xerxes Artemz Dynavector 10x5.
Virgin box, Sky box, mini Pc under the TV

Pete

Reactions: RoA
I thought that was blue and green.

Pete

That's interesting since blue and green can often be seen on clothing so have looked it up on the net (what a sad old sod)
It appears it is 50/50 on whether it is blue and green or red and green. The saying I know is 'red and green should never be seen, only on a fool', and I did find this quoted. :)
No fools were harmed during my investigations :D

That's interesting since blue and green can often be seen on clothing so have looked it up on the net (what a sad old sod)
It appears it is 50/50 on whether it is blue and green or red and green. The saying I know is 'red and green should never be seen, only on a fool', and I did find this quoted. :)
No fools were harmed during my investigations :D

Currently wearing a blue, green and red checked shirt. I feel a bit foolish now :)

My old man told me that the saying about blue and green had marine origins. Green was considered an unlucky colour for boats, but I suppose it depends on the colour of the water. If we’re lucky, it’s green in our neighbourhood, but more often brown with lumps.

Audion Silver Night MkII 300B SET power amp with Icon Audio PS2 phono stage. Must get some new valves, these black Psvane ones look awful!

f1xGCvJ.jpg

When these came up in the classifieds I immediately told myself to stop even looking. The Wilson Benesch Discovery 2s were/are fantastic, but I’d already decided that I needed bass in my life, and after an extended demo decide against*. I thought I’d look to scale back and save some money…

But, I live in Worthing.

Where these beautiful things call home.

They are B&W 802 D3s.

So, my resistance lasted only a week at most, and a long round trip (with excellent stop over!) ensued.

These have a similar quality to the Discoveries, but with another octave of bass. And that last octave of bass has significant impact on what you might associate with mid-range. I really, really, hope these are the grail.

Relatively poor pic, but just wanted to share my joy as I sit hear listening to them. At 95kg per speaker, I think I’m stuck with them. In the best way one can be stuck. Even Mrs Wb likes them, and she’s stuck with me, so there we go.

52462994865_fc7161b39c_c.jpg

* edit: forgot the p.s. Wilson Benesch have been fantastic. Cannot recommend them highly enough.

Last edited:

advertisement

Back