advertisement

Sun Ra

I saw him and The Arkestra in the early 80s at The Venue in London.
A mate had got tickets out of curiosity; and I went for the same reasons; having no idea what to expect (I'd vaguely heard of him, but no more than that).
It was a real trip (and not just because of the shroom tea we decided it was a wise idea to down just before going in).

RIP

Omniverse is an essential guide and a real labour of love and dedication. HG probably has the most complete set of original Saturn LPs. It would be nice to see some kind of commemorative photographic book.

Bought!

PS I wish I’d spotted they’d done the second Big Star album, I’d have been up for a copy of that.

Bought!

PS I wish I’d spotted they’d done the second Big Star album, I’d have been up for a copy of that.
Sun Ra pre-ordered here too.

Yes, I tried tracking down a copy of Radio City on Craft last year. I thought I’d found one in France on two separate occasions, but they never arrived. Both sellers swore they had been sent when I queried a month after, but both gave me an unrequested refund on the spot without offering to send another, which made me a little suspicious.

Go to the site and search for Sun Ra. There are actually 10 CDs at £5. Others currently at full price have been reduced to £5 previously.
OK thanks. I did that before, but missed there was a second page that had the others.

The astonishing Marshall Allen celebrates 99 trips round the sun today. Happy Birthday Marshall!

ewpsDbC.png

advertisement

Back