advertisement

Making the classifieds a safer environment....

I’m a bit confused - I used to use PF a lot - and stopped (for no specific reason) - came back on to try and list something I want to sell - an Aktiv Linn Centre Speaker if anybody is interested!! - and I can’t...

I need to have made 50 posts before I can - that’s right is it??

I’m a bit confused - I used to use PF a lot - and stopped (for no specific reason) - came back on to try and list something I want to sell - an Aktiv Linn Centre Speaker if anybody is interested!! - and I can’t...

I need to have made 50 posts before I can - that’s right is it??

Jun 17, 2010 Messages: 38 Likes Received: 0

That works out at just over 3.4 posts per year ?

After 11 years you have not reached 50 posts according to the above stats

Jun 17, 2010 Messages: 38 Likes Received: 0

That works out at just over 3.4 posts per year ?

After 11 years you have not reached 50 posts according to the above stats
Oh well done - yes - I said I’ve not used it for a good while, wasn’t looking for a maths lesson. I was looking for guidance on a policy change that’s happened since I was last here.

I’ve got there though.

I have been a member for years but had to create a new account for some reason that escapes me back in 2011. I haven’t posted much - basically had children and things like hifi took a backseat. New account only has 11 postings (now 12….)

As a hopeful seller in the future, do you guys think that face to face only is a safer option?
Do you think a doorstep version of 'show me the money first, and i'll let you in' would work.... ???
I'd be more than happy to let a serious buyer in and demo my stuff, as long as a know they are a serious buyer.

It’s possibly a good bet if you’re brand new here to say if you’re a better known contributor on other hifi/AV forums or indeed if you’ve got an established eBay reputation otherwise it’s challenging for members to trust people who just signed up, given that fraudsters regularly try it on here and on other forums.
I sold to someone on pfm who appears to have signed up in order to make the purchase but he had an A1 eBay reputation and was an enthusiast with a profile on another audio forum, hence I felt safe dealing with him.

I’m a little confused! Is it 50 posts that I have started or do replies/comments on other peoples posts count toward the requirement?

It's 50 post's in general , Becoming part of the forum ,
Not just signing up to use the forum classified's then disappearing .

It's 50 post's in general , Becoming part of the forum ,
Not just signing up to use the forum classified's then disappearing .

I’ve been a avid reader of the forum for a couple of years and completely revamped my system using items I’ve bought via the classifieds. I’ve also started a few threads and, it seems from my profile, have 28 messages. I will be selling some of the items I’ve replaced in the near future and it’s not clear to me whether comments on other peoples posts count towards the 50? I’m not sure I have enough interesting things to say to start 50 new threads!

It's easy enough to find out , Look at your post count then post a reply on someone else topic , Then see if you count goes up.

advertisement

Back