advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Something I've never seen before; Marchbanks smiling!

Didn't think you even had one. I'm not sure what to make of it!
I found it rather disconcerting too. It makes me look like my cheerful, happy-go-lucky cousin rather than my doleful, pessimistic self*. But when you are being jostled by three furry folk all eager to share the frame with you it is very hard not to react to the silliness of the situation.

What to make of it? Well, it does show that a mixture of Rochefort and Châteauneuf, applied regularly for some decades, makes an admirable enamel stain.

*clarification - ‘smiling’ assumed to mean ‘showing teeth’ on this occasion. In fact, I think I’m smiling in nearly all of these selfies!

Last edited:
I was so discombobulated by seeing you smile (I still can't come to terms with it) that I almost failed to notice the disconcertingly convincing look in Rufe's eyes. I feel that they may have been softening you up for an unpleasant surprise!

Ok, not quite a selfie…

dl01000671.jpg
Had I known there was a Catalina at the Revival, I might have dragged myself out of bed. Maybe I’ll go one day. A good looking bird.

It took off from North Weald on the way down, presumably refuelling there. It flew right over me. I forgot how quiet they are.

Look at you!, “the girl”, very nice Jennifer, have a nice weekend.

Edit: here’s something with a cool vibe for you to step out in.

That’s really creative use of the tree and sky, gives a fisheye perspective. :cool:

And yet, that’s the scene as it is! Sycamore Gap is about the most iconic scene along the Wall, and it’s thought that the sycamore is the most photographed tree in Britain.

advertisement

Back