advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

£6 for a pint starts to look expensive

Starts to look expensive!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I'm certainly a lot more relaxed about this than I would have been 12 months ago now I've managed to recover most of the cash reserve in the last 12 months................. if not I would be quite worried albeit I don't have a mortgage to worry about.

Regards

Richard

I do think the wealthy are not really the problem not least because there is not so many of them.

Rather, the main problem is this great mass of people who, while they understand they are not wealthy, think they have more in common with the rich than the poor and so support governments who won't address inequality as they mistakenly think this is in their best interest. If you have a nice house, a nice car and a comfortable life then you would be better off if you stopped supporting policies designed by and for the "proper wealthy".

i.e. it's so much not rich people it's the middle classes who identify as rich that is the problem IYSWIM.

That's the essence of the Tory gamble. They think they've got a plan which will make mostly everyone feel a bit better off by the time of the next election. The richer you are, the better off you will feel. But that doesn't matter to the Conservative Party's election strategy because they think people don't really care all that much about economic inequality. They may pay lip service, but that's all. As long as they feel that their own lot in life is on the up, they're cool and will vote Truss.

Doesn’t happen overnight though does it. The course was just plain wrong for too long.

Interest rates throughout the developed world have been very low for a long time, how com the rOW isn't going down the shitter too? Clue, they're not being run by the tories.

Government borrowing has got a lot more expensive rather quickly.

9E4yeDC.png

https://twitter.com/BenChu_/status/1574362908531769344

Just seen a BBC interviewer being completely blanked by Kwarteng. Now, even if you don’t want to discuss, that’s just plain rudeness, a quick thanks but no thanks would have sufficed. Boris / Rishi not looking so bad now are they!

The human hand grenade not looking set for a long premiership...

"LETTERS of no confidence in Liz Truss are already coming in amid fears she will "crash the economy", a source has suggested. A former Tory minister MP has told Sky News the new Prime Minister is "f*****" and the party are already looking to bring her down following Friday's mini-budget. " https://www.thenational.scot/news/2...idence-liz-truss-already-put-in-says-tory-mp/

You really do wonder what some of these people are on truss told them she was going to cut taxes and they voted for her to become thatcher mk2 she has done what she said she’d do and now they’re shitting themselves cause the markets have laughed in her face.

Can’t believe people are pining for Rishi ****ing Sunak. What’s happening now: awful. The last 12 years: also awful, murderous.

The tories are finished what we’re seeing right now is the death throes of a corrupt government.

Starts to look expensive!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I'm certainly a lot more relaxed about this than I would have been 12 months ago now I've managed to recover most of the cash reserve in the last 12 months................. if not I would be quite worried albeit I don't have a mortgage to worry about.

Regards

Richard

This is where all bets will be off. Facing the next 12 months, would you rather be in £150K mega stress job with a £800K mortgage on a (currently) valued £1M house fighting for your job, or on £30K a year living in a £200K house mortgage free. You’re both worth £200K on paper. Sometimes, less is more.

Can’t believe people are pining for Rishi ****ing Sunak. What’s happening now: awful. The last 12 years: also awful, murderous.

That is how UK politics works though, it is all boiling a frog. Cameron, May and Johnson were each exponentially worse than their predecessor on every metric. Truss is just paving the way for the next Tory leader to be either an actual Dalek or the monster from Alien. It is a seamless trajectory.

advertisement

Back