advertisement

The Premiership of Mary Elizabeth Truss.Sept 2022 - Oct 2022

I thought -- and I'm completely out of my depth here really -- but I thought that it wasn't tax cuts alone which they think will produce 2.5% sustainable growth p.a., but tax cuts in combination with charter cities, because the cities will make it attractive to invest and hence to unleash productivity. That's why I was a bit thrown by something Kwertang said in the budget speech, that they are in "early stages" of creating them. If the charter cities are pie in the sky, it may be serious.
You need to read PE on charter cities and feeports - worrying laws unto themselves (sovereignty brexit boys and girls?) and already even in the early stages as they are, corruption and graft already in evidence.

I remember when it was $4.80 to the pound! In the 1960's.

Holy smoke, I had absolutely no idea it was ever at these levels! A bit like those who loaded up on debt over the past decade had no idea about 15% IR’s.

You need to read PE on charter cities and feeports - worrying laws unto themselves (sovereignty brexit boys and girls?) and already even in the early stages as they are, corruption and graft already in evidence.

Yes, I've seen it and I'm sure that terrible things can go on in them. However, my point was about their strategy for growth and how charter cities is the key idea really. But, as I said, "we're in early talks" about them sounds like they're a long way off.

Holy smoke, I had absolutely no idea it was ever at these levels! A bit like those who loaded up on debt over the past decade had no idea about 15% IR’s.

I had a mortgage back in 1985-92 interest rate was 18.4% less MIRAS so about 14.5% the mortgage was £24,000 I paid £187 a month.

I had a mortgage back in 1985-92 interest rate was 18.4% less MIRAS so about 14.5% the mortgage was £24,000 I paid £187 a month.

Unfortunately, because IR’s have been kept too low for too long, there is a whole generation who’ve known nothing but ZIRP. They’re about to discover something else, even normality.

Yes, I've seen it and I'm sure that terrible things can go on in them. However, my point was about their strategy for growth and how charter cities is the key idea really. But, as I said, "we're in early talks" about them sounds like they're a long way off.
Well, if youve been keeping up with PE, you'll no doubt realise they'll do zero for the economy, but might make substantial contributions to the tory crime family.

My interpretation of today is that the goal is Singapore upon Thames.

Fat chance. Singapore is a nation geared towards trade with very low levels of government corruption and one of the busiest ports in the world.

Our government managed to turn half of Kent into a truck stop and gave £40m to the landlord of the Matt Hancock's local pub.

Liz Truss’s Historic Gamble With the UK Economy Is Already Unraveling
  • Markets crash after UK unveils massive unfunded tax cuts
  • Analysts warn that traders are losing confidence in the pound”

Bloomberg calling it exactly as it is.

I actually feel sick. Tories are always wrong, always corrupt, always incompetent, always economically illiterate, always dipping the till, always cruel, but this time they really have placed us right on the event horizon of Stirling collapsing. I’d not be surprised by a bank-run, and there is no one of anything like the calibre of Alistair Darling around this time to do anything about it. These people really are idiots. So far out of their depth I don’t even know where to start.

Probably a good idea to order your new Apple gear / anything from the US now before prices are revised!

advertisement

Back