advertisement

The 2022 Formula One Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too many races next year ,if it is on almost every week you begin to loose interest . When there were less races I really looked forward to them ! Unfortunately less races = less money , need I say more !

I have to disagree with that, I think there should be more!

Best thing F1 did is remove that terrible French track from the calendar, its the only one other than Monaco that i have to literally force myself to watch. At least with Monaco it looks pretty. However replacing it with an Americanism..I'm not sure what will be worse after the Miami car park fake marina thing.

First few races of the year made it look like there would be close racing.

For one reason or another it is now the same old same old, just a different team and driver winning.

The FIA must be thinking what the **** can we do now to get some excitment.

It's getting boring again...........

...Or they could use the best racetrack in the world (IMHO), Road America in Elkhart Lake. It's already there. Indycar uses it, always exiting races.

Would be interesting to see an F1 grid in full race trim tackle it. Lots of seriously scrubbed tyres and broken front wings?

John

I defended the new engines as technological marvels in the early days and they are noisier that they started but man alive those NA engines are something else.

I went to the Friday free practice in 2014 at Silverstone, the first time these power units were seen in the U.K. Underwhelmed was how I felt. The friend I was with said it was strange that we could keep chatting when there were 15-20 F1 cars on track, only pausing for a couple of seconds as cars passed us.
I tried to be optimistic about them, and perhaps the 2026 cars will be better, but I’m drawn more and more to historic racing, where all sorts of engine configurations can be on the track at the same time.

Annoyingly I still love F1, but I really. Any see myself spending my own money on going to watch it again. And if it becomes any more American, I won’t watch it on telly either.

In fact, I’d rather listen to this old beasty than a current F1 car, any day:

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back