advertisement

Ukraine V

Even if 99% of the nuclear weapons do not work then that is still several hundred warheads. It only takes a single SS18 missile to destroy an area the size of France or Texas.
Should he use one of those, Russia, (and most of the planet) will cease to exist within minutes.

FdRRuS9WAAg57Ca

https://twitter.com/kamilkazani/status/1572972414451027970

A question, I will note, that does not occur if one considers the content obviously satire. Can't just make that assumption, I fear.

I saw a different translation of the same material yesterday, listed as being from a Wagner Group Telegram channel, not specifically Rusich.

It's being shared by credible people but who knows. I'm sure Ukraine are churning out just as much propaganda as Russia.

Even if 99% of the nuclear weapons do not work then that is still several hundred warheads. It only takes a single SS18 missile to destroy an area the size of France or Texas.
Russia can simply detonate their missiles in their silos and cause a worldwide nuclear winter.

The blessing of the human sacrifices, Russia:

XS7VQlk.jpg

Meanwhile the smart ones have formed a 20 hour queue at the border with Georgia. Different vehicles this time.

0nDyZe9.jpg

Who’s next for denazification? The formula for success is blindingly simple- partially invade, hold sham referendum to declare territory part of Russia, threaten nuclear attack if the true owners try to get it back, rinse and repeat. Hello USSR 2.0

kxKrbxB.jpg

That's .. the Big Board. We'll see Everything!

...reminds me to watch Dr. Strangelove tonight; then I'll feel much better.

It looks like matters may come to a head quite soon. Lavrov reiterated in New York that Russia would defend their new territorial acquisitions as though they were the motherland, with the full panoply of weapons that Putin has described including nukes. I’m guessing they’ll start first with hypersonic missiles fired at Kyiv or other demonstration targets since they have been warned repeatedly in private by Washington that nukes would mean a severe response by the US.

^^^^^ Thinking aloud here:

If you are correct in this scenario, and Putin pursues the use of high-yield thermobaric (non-nuclear) missiles, the key issue will be his choice of target. If that is Kyiv, then Putin has deliberately targeted a densely populated area, murdering tens, if not hundreds of thousands of innocent civilians. Ukraine, the US, and NATO may see this as egregious as the use of nukes, and may decide to initiate a swift retaliatory response into Russia itself*, to take out its command and control centres, static missile silos etc', possibly even Russia's warships and submarines that possess the same launch capabilities. In other words - WW3.

On the other hand, if the response from 'The West' is to chuck out a few ambassadors from their respective embassies and have diplomats deliver words of condemnation, Putin will simply continue to pursue his policy of mass extermination of the Ukrainian population.

As has been acknowledged before - the only thing Putin respects is strength.

I sure wouldn't like to be in the shoes of Biden right now.

John

*edit: utilising conventional weaponry.

Last edited:
Putin has raised the stakes considerably.

It puts the pressure back on Zelinsky - does he stick and be content with the recent gains or continue with the advance in the knowledge that his decision could lead to a Russian strike on a major urban centre.

I could be wrong (obviously) but I don't see Zelenskyy backing down; not even if Biden were to put pressure on him to do so. This is an existential threat for him and Ukranian society. If Putin succeeds in destroying large urban areas in his fervour to wipe out Ukrainian identity, he will continue with his Eurasia (con)quest into other soverign states, ''The West' having demonstrated an unwillingness to take him on.

John

Ukraine will push on regardless. You simply can’t run a world where a nuclear power says I will take what I wish or I’ll destroy everything including myself and all my mates families. He is bluffing

advertisement

Back