advertisement

King Charles III

I've watched it again several times, and still disagree with you, or at least cannot understand how you can be so certain. What happened to giving somebody the benefit of the doubt? (After all, its a pretty vile accusation being made here.)
Well, we can come to separate conclusions. I watched it several times including zoomed in. At first I was inclined to give the benefit of the doubt, but on closer and repeated examination I changed my mind. It gives me no pleasure to come to the interpretation I have, but there it is. I make no specific accusation other than stating my conclusion that the King avoided shaking a man's hand by feigning a distraction. If that individual hadn't shoved his hand into Charles's, it wouldn't have been shaken.

Whether the fact the man was black is relevant is for everyone to decide for themselves. What is interesting is that it took a pfm poster to draw to my attention a clip shown on CNN and captured and disseminated by a Middle East agency. I do not understand how the source of the video supports your position.

‘Should Queen Elizabeth II Be Made A Saint?’, a question posed by blithering idiot Telegraph “journalist” Charles Moore in The Spectator.

PS As someone pointed out on Twitter; she only has the one ‘miracle’ of making Andrew’s charges vanish.

‘Should Queen Elizabeth II Be Made A Saint?’, a question posed by blithering idiot Telegraph “journalist” Charles Moore in The Spectator.

PS As someone pointed out on Twitter; she only has the one ‘miracle’ of making Andrew’s charges vanish.
What that pantomime dame should be asking is why just about every economic and public services metric has got worse in the 12 years his party has been in power.

We could always follow Scotlands wonderful example of course.... Top of the drugs league and near bottom of the education league !

Don't get me wrong Scottish folk I think should feel incredibly proud of there dignified response to the queens death. I like Scottish people and I m super proud of em over this.

Yes I have. The national record s of Scotland said the country had a higher mortality rate than any other one in Europe... July 2022
But that isn't what you said. You specifically said drugs, and education.
AIUI, Scotland has improved its figures re drugs, although they may still be bad, as they are indeed in various english cities. Education, well, nowhere is perfect, but I'm not aware of any particular problems and AIUI Scottish students going to Scottish universities can still get full grants, not loans.
Edit... yes small improvement in 2022, and first year the figures have not increased.

A nice deadpan BBC comment following some guff from a Govt spokesperson:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62994747

Clarke also says that Sunak's successor, Kwasi Kwarteng, will today set out "how he intends to galvanise a better underlying growth rate than we've seen for many years and indeed since the financial crisis in 2008".

It has been 14 years since the global financial crisis and the Conservative party has been in power for 12 of those.

You’re assuming a cause and effect that simply is not there. The UK, with it’s monarchy, might be more democratic than any number countries without a monarchy, but to assume that the UK is more democratic because of its monarchy is a matter of faith, not fact.
You’re capable of reading and rational thought, which makes it hard to see how you got from my posts to that claim. The only remaining possibility is that you find it amusing to engage in this kind of nonsense. Well it’s you, and you alone I’m afraid, so I’ll leave you at it.

advertisement

Back