advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

11th circuit judges are here : https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Eleventh_Circuit

Although I think those judges are basically normal (but right wing) and will almost certainly not rule in Trump's favour here. Remember if you rule for this you basically trash your reputation publically which matters to judges whatever their political leanings.

Judge Loose Cannon is (hopefully!) a one off because she was appointed so absurdly late and appears to be either a true believer or out and out corrupt.

Hmm. The numbers don't look very encouraging, six life appointees by Trump out of 11?

I've heard these Federal Judge Life Appointments being described as "landmines left by Trump to blow up democracy after he loses" - looks pretty accurate from where I'm sitting. I may be being pessimistic, but by any reasonable measure Trump should already be in jail based on what he has boasted of doing in plain sight and then been seen to do.

Last edited:
Word is the judges on the 11th circuit are not such 'made creatures' as the loose Cannon judge. The lifetime appointment does remove the whip hand of the partisan masters. Concern for their reputation for good judicial behavior becomes strong. All this may be reason for hope, but not certain hope by any means....

TO RECAP: Trump demanded a special master and won. He asked for Raymond Dearie and won. Now his legal team is upset that Dearie is asking for evidence of what he claims to have declassified and is setting aggressive deadlines.

(Kyle Cheney, Twitter).

Sounds like the ‘Special Master’ isn’t giving Trump what he wants! Looks like this stalling tactic might be hitting the end of the road.

TO RECAP: Trump demanded a special master and won. He asked for Raymond Dearie and won. Now his legal team is upset that Dearie is asking for evidence of what he claims to have declassified and is setting aggressive deadlines.

(Kyle Cheney, Twitter).

Sounds like the ‘Special Master’ isn’t giving Trump what he wants! Looks like this stalling tactic might be hitting the end of the road.
Some great comments there!

More here. It really does look like the US legal system is now approaching Trump’s endless grift, criminality, lies and incitement from multiple angles and hopefully any one could be enough to finish him. He found a clearly bent judge in Cannon, but I doubt he’ll be so lucky elsewhere in the sequence. There will also come a tipping-point where he is just so toxic even the worst Republican or Christian fundamentalist grifters jump ship. Hopefully that point is soon, though obviously the more damage he does to the Republican Party on the way down the better.

PS Trump’s fascist rallies are now very openly embracing QAnon signalling:

Hearing happening now:

BREAKING: Judge Dearie makes clear he is taking government’s position that the classified Mar-a-Lago documents are in fact classified.

“What business is it of the court? … As far as I’m concerned that’s the end of it.”

Trump’s insistence on a special master is NOT going well.”

Tristan Snell (Twitter).

Yay! \o/

There will be loads to watch about this shortly, this is just someone texting from the courtroom.

NEW: Special Master Judge Dearie says he'd like to resolve the matter without him having to see the documents with classified markings, and when Trusty asks about getting himself clearance, Dearie says it's not only about clearance, it's about your "need to know". POW

(MuellerSW, Twitter).

This ‘Special Master’ is doing ok so far!

PS I’ve actually been puzzled by this aspect as I don’t see how the likes of Dearie, let alone Cannon etc would have anything like the security clearance to even be in the same room as some of this stuff. That Trump has clearly been up to all kinds with the documents, much likely criminal/treasonous, doesn’t alter their clearance level. That would be military intelligence-grades etc, not judicial, surely?

NEW: Special Master Judge Dearie says he'd like to resolve the matter without him having to see the documents with classified markings, and when Trusty asks about getting himself clearance, Dearie says it's not only about clearance, it's about your "need to know". POW

(MuellerSW, Twitter).

This ‘Special Master’ is doing ok so far!

PS I’ve actually been puzzled by this aspect as I don’t see how the likes of Dearie, let alone Cannon etc would have anything like the security clearance to even be in the same room as some of this stuff. That Trump has clearly been up to all kinds with the documents, much likely criminal/treasonous, doesn’t alter their clearance level. That would be military intelligence-grades etc, not judicial, surely?

I'd really like to see this confirmed somewhere in the MSM. Not saying it's not true, but a quick google could not confirm it.

Trump's backed himself and his lawyers into a corner. The Special Master was appointed because Trump claimed he declassified the documents, but Trump's lawyers won't say if Trump declassified the document because it may get Trump into more trouble if proven not true.

Paywall: https://www.washingtonpost.com/opin...lawyers-special-master-fox-news-judge-cannon/
More likely they are keeping quite for now because to claim so will get themselves into trouble once it becomes patently obvious that it is all BS.

IOW, best to let their idiot client claim so himself once he has been indicted. Chances are that he will plead the 5th Amendment on absolutely everything, though. Nothing makes one look more innocent than pleading the 5th in response to every question asked.

I'd really like to see this confirmed somewhere in the MSM. Not saying it's not true, but a quick google could not confirm it.

It will be covered I’m sure. Allison Gill (Mueller, She Wrote) is certainly a credible source IMO. Here’s her Wikipedia page. This was live reaction to events happening in a courtroom, I’m sure MSNBC etc will have it all with some proper scruitiny.

PS Being in the UK with YouTube access we tend to get MSNBC etc as edited highlights a fair bit after the fact. Twitter is obviously far more immediate/real-time.

Edit: Here’s a brief update from MSNBC:

Trump's backed himself and his lawyers into a corner. The Special Master was appointed because Trump claimed he declassified the documents, but Trump's lawyers won't say if Trump declassified the document because it may get Trump into more trouble if proven not true.

Trump’s lawyers are in a remarkably awkward position as they are caught between defending a person who very publicly changes his story daily and clearly doesn’t heed to legal advice, and perjuring themselves. If they commit to some vagueness regarding his saying he declassified anything they’ll be needing lawyers themselves given the highly classified nature of these documents. To my untrained eyes the DOJ look to be playing a blinder here. They’ve given Trump everything he asked for and are destroying him with it.

More likely they are keeping quite for now because to claim so will get themselves into trouble once it becomes patently obvious that it is all BS.

IOW, best to let their idiot client claim so himself once he has been indicted. Chances are that he will plead the 5th Amendment on absolutely everything, though. Nothing makes one look more innocent than pleading the 5th in response to every question asked.

True. I'll add the obvious that if you call for a Special Master because you object to a subpoena, at some point you have to state your objection to the Special Master, and not just to Trump TV.

This is all going very, very well at present! I sincerely hope we see the whole lot of that gangster crime family in jail before too long, and I hope the gravity-defying orange lard bucket lives long enough to experience a fair bit of it.

https://www.thespoof.com/spoof-news...earing-an-orange-prison-jumpsuit-by-christmas

He then waited for the laughter to die down and added, “But seriously folks, like my daddy used to say, Joey, there are some men among us who are just destined to wear orange jumpsuits and end up in ****in’ prison.”

advertisement

Back