advertisement

Denon DM41 DAB

Just purchased a Denon M41 DAB/CD for my eldest Granddaughter.

We spent a while considering whether to purchase the matching Denon speakers, something from Richer, or something used. Eventually went with the matching Denon speakers, they look functional and don’t have a metal tweeter (something I try and avoid)

Looking forward to listening to this system when it arrives.

Stock seems to be hit and miss, hopefully we will get it by Wednesday. G-Kid birthday isn’t till November, but I thought it best to get hold of one before folks buy up units for Christmas.

Nice present, she will love it!

Nice present, she will love it!

It is a nice gift - our G-Kids rarely get expensive presents, and the Granddaughter isn’t in to ponies or regular girl stuff.
There is an element of selfishness as well - I am hopefully training their ears to appreciate a decent quality reproduction of music. Going well so far.

Just had notification that the order has arrived at the store, so I will pick the Stereo up today.
G-Kid is over after school but will have to wait a few weeks till her birthday to receive it. That gives me plenty of opportunity to play around with it ;)
Interested to hear the stock Denon speakers that accompany the unit.

It is a nice gift - our G-Kids rarely get expensive presents, and the Granddaughter isn’t in to ponies or regular girl stuff.
There is an element of selfishness as well - I am hopefully training their ears to appreciate a decent quality reproduction of music. Going well so far.

Just had notification that the order has arrived at the store, so I will pick the Stereo up today.
G-Kid is over after school but will have to wait a few weeks till her birthday to receive it. That gives me plenty of opportunity to play around with it ;)
Interested to hear the stock Denon speakers that accompany the unit.

Lovely..
My back room system comprises of a Denon M39 currently with a pair of Monitor Audio Gold GR10 speakers. Sounds very nice indeed. Prior to the Monitor Audios I was running a pair of Q Acoustics 3010i speakers that also sounded very good. I had no intention of changing them but about 3 years ago a friend was selling them and he very kindly let me have the GR10’s for £200 including stands, a real bargain that I could not decline.
I am sure the M41 will sound just great with the Denon speakers.
All the best.

We had some with an older version of this and they were rebaged Mission speakers, and very acceptable. Not loads of bass, but that's not a bad thing for a bedroom system...

The speakers are way better than they should be, although I only ran them for an hour so I expect them to improve a little as they wear in. Rear ported and quite hefty for the diminutive size. No harshness and more than enough bass for a 13 yr. old bedroom system. Supplied with port bungs as well! For £80, they are great value. They will be positioned either side of a double bed, like big headphones and not up against a wall, which I am pleased about.

I was going to give the girl my old IMF Super Compacts, but she doesn’t have the space. Yet.

The speakers are way better than they should be, although I only ran them for an hour so I expect them to improve a little as they wear in. Rear ported and quite hefty for the diminutive size. No harshness and more than enough bass for a 13 yr. old bedroom system. Supplied with port bungs as well! For £80, they are great value. They will be positioned either side of a double bed, like big headphones and not up against a wall, which I am pleased about.

I was going to give the girl my old IMF Super Compacts, but she doesn’t have the space. Yet.
We made the mistake of giving our son some Castle Knights and his bedroom is above the lounge…

I've used my DM41 with a few different sets of speakers and I think it's a great wee unit as well. Plus, it has tone controls, a welcome feature when paired up with speakers that sit right in front or right next to a plasterboard wall.

advertisement

Back