advertisement

Roon 2.0

Gonna give it a look at and try tnight, I was initially quite wary of roon and the expense when I found out about it a couple of years ago but been using it since 2019 and it’s all I use for listening, apart from occasional forays into Apple Music which I wish roon & Apple Music would come to an arrangement but I doubt that’ll ever happen.

Well installed the updates and at least it didn’t seem to break anything this time… will have to keep an eye on my core though, only one album in but the recent memory leak is still fresh in my mind.

I've been beta testing ARC and v2.0 since June. ARC is very solid and works very well out and about, even allowing downloads for the times when no signal is available.

Mick

Installed but it can’t communicate with my core.. trying to get into my bt hub to enable port forwarding but it’s decided the factory password is wrong and locked me out… hey ho..

All good here, Roon is without a doubt the best, most stable software I have used.
Built in PEQ too of course for those of you with ‘boomy’ room syndrome.

Keith

I've been beta testing ARC and v2.0 since June. ARC is very solid and works very well out and about, even allowing downloads for the times when no signal is available.

Mick
Alas ARC is of little value to me as seemingly it can’t stream from Qobuz, which excludes most of my library. Of course Qobuz’ own app can stream from Qobuz, and supports local offline storage. Maybe ARC will extend to streaming services in the future.

edited to add: I was wrong about this, Roon will stream from Qobuz and Tidal to ARC, but it can’t store or cache streamed content locally, which Qobuz can.

Last edited:
Installed but it can’t communicate with my core.. trying to get into my bt hub to enable port forwarding but it’s decided the factory password is wrong and locked me out… hey ho..
We use a BT Smart Hub and although it should set up ok using UPnP, it doesn’t. I had to manually put the info in the router setup page.

Alas ARC is of little value to me as seemingly it can’t stream from Qobuz, which excludes most of my library. Of course Qobuz’ own app can stream from Qobuz, and supports local offline storage. Maybe ARC will extend to streaming services in the future.
I’ve been streaming Qobuz albums through ARC for some time now, with no issue at all. I’ve downloaded some of my local albums too.

Snap! Mine didn’t communicate with ARC/Core. Went to try and get into my router… Locked out as I can’t remember the password (why oh why did I change it from the default?!

Ultimately, I’m not sure how much use Roon on the go is for me. I’ve got Tidal, which pretty much has everything I have stored on my hard drives. Maybe I’m missing something, but in this age of streaming apps, I cannot understand the need for Roon to stream from home.

All worked fine for me first time. The ARC seems a bit limited compared with the main Roon app but it’s a good feature to have.

Anyone know if the update has done anything to the main Roon software?

It’s pretty neat. I’m always wondering what I played recently with Roon and now I can find out easily and then play it.

Impressive. The updates happened so quickly I thought I had done something wrong. Flawless so far

I have installed Roon 2.0 and ARC on mobile devices and seems to work well. Will try when I am out and about.

One problem I am having is my Mac will not update to Roon 2.0 (and therefore will not connect to the updated core). Keeps saying there was an error. Have been trying about 20 times over the period of an hour. Maybe it is just busy - will keep trying.

My 2020 iMac updated fine, no issues with roon so far but I think I’ll have to fiddle with my bt router settings to open up a port for arc to work, that’s a job for tmorn.

advertisement

Back