advertisement

Post-Trump: III (decline, further tantrums, legal proceedings, book deals etc)

The DOJ are also investigating some head honcho in the FBI for collusion with Russia in the trump election

That they are unearthing and acting on this stuff has to be good. To my mind America was very close to falling to fascism. It isn’t out of the woods by any stretch, but the fact they are coming for Trump, Bannon and the rest of the instigators has to be a good thing. If the Republicans can be beaten in the mid-terms America may have time to cleanse itself. If not we are in very real trouble as a planet.

I think the planet will end up just fine, it will be the human race that is farked. And we’d deserve it.

Agreed....Simply put, nature thinks in eons whilst humans think only in the short span of their selfish little lives. I can see things getting inreasingly difficult for humans and rightly so. The planet will prevail thouh it may take a few eons to return to any former glory.

There is great good in the human race and great good being done dy and daily......we just seem to fixate on the chaos mostly.

Turn off, tune out, be kind......live your best as it is right now.....its not a dress rehersal you know.

If Trump really has bought the US justice system right up to the Supreme Court in true mob boss style then that will be publicly exposed as what it is. The spotlights of the world are positioned and we are all watching. The DOJ case is very clear, remarkably simple, and the documents in question are highly classified documents relating to national security that could not possibly belong to Trump.

If these Trump appointed judges debase themselves to the point they sell out the basic concept of the American republic to save a lying corrupt mob boss then all good decent people will notice and react. I don’t see how the GOP could survive in the face of such obvious corruption at the expense of national security.

Never mind the strength of the case, is it going in front of another Trump appointee? If not, can Trump then appeal until it is, or right up to the SC if necessary?

11th circuit judges are here : https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Court_of_Appeals_for_the_Eleventh_Circuit

Although I think those judges are basically normal (but right wing) and will almost certainly not rule in Trump's favour here. Remember if you rule for this you basically trash your reputation publically which matters to judges whatever their political leanings.

Judge Loose Cannon is (hopefully!) a one off because she was appointed so absurdly late and appears to be either a true believer or out and out corrupt.

Note, btw, this is not a full appeal but an appeal of the stay they asked for regarding the classified documents. That is emergency removal of the effects of Cannon's ruling to avoid irreparable harm to national security (!).

A full appeal of the entire ruling would follow in due course, although there is not much pressure here as the security work and criminal investigation could continue if this partial appeal succeeds because the DoJ and FBI/CIA/etc will have what they need.

Looking at that site it appears only the last of Trump’s appointments (Andrew Basher) was purely partisan, the others all seem to have some Democrat backing.

PS I’m way out of my depth with this stuff so may have misinterpreted it, but that’s how I read it. I’ e also no idea how the 11th Circle thing works, is it by majority, or can one vote veto?

PS I’m way out of my depth with this stuff so may have misinterpreted it, but that’s how I read it. I’ e also no idea how the 11th Circle thing works, is it by majority, or can one vote veto?

One judge will be appointed at random. In rare cases a court can hear an appeal en banc where all of them sit and vote like the Supreme Court but it's very unusual for that to happen.

PS Circuit. 11th Circle is Harry Potter I think :)

The GOP is now a fascist party. That said the Dems should now ensure these folk are all registered to vote and help them find productive work.

If these Trump appointed judges debase themselves to the point they sell out the basic concept of the American republic to save a lying corrupt mob boss then all good decent people will notice and react. I don’t see how the GOP could survive in the face of such obvious corruption at the expense of national security.

The GOP have already publicly worked to suppress an investigation into whether (how) Russia interferes in US elections - and yet nearly half of the electorate still vote for them. I have a hard time contemplating any action the GOP could take at this point that would cause more than a handful of their supporters to peel off.

The GOP have already publicly worked to suppress an investigation into whether (how) Russia interferes in US elections - and yet nearly half of the electorate still vote for them. I have a hard time contemplating any action the GOP could take at this point that would cause more than a handful of their supporters to peel off.
Sadly this.

The GOP is now a fascist party. That said the Dems should now ensure these folk are all registered to vote and help them find productive work.
The GOP constantly accuses the Dems of illegally registering illegal aliens to vote. They would love it if the Democrats were to actually do it!

How they survive is easy - almost 50% of the country would say "WE WIN!"

advertisement

Back