advertisement

Animals 2018 remix

Muttley2

pfm Member
This cd dropped through my letterbox today so thought I would have a quick listen during lunch. Holy cow sheep pig dog. This is a cracking version, I seriously thought I had surround sound. What a treat for the ears like it was recorded yesterday. Well worth a spin

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I ordered the Deluxe box set for the 5.1 mix but see theres a Blu-ray only version.

I think I'll cancel the box set and order the Blu-ray only.

SACD is very , very good
304638386_10159018501737883_4038788779419474039_n.jpg

Are you in the UK , I can only find it on pre-order and flipper de doh dah it's expensive .
It’s on Qobuz as of this morning, so likely to be on other streaming services if that’s an easy way to have a listen for you.

Mick

Reactions: BJP
It’s on Qobuz as of this morning, so likely to be on other streaming services if that’s an easy way to have a listen for you.

Mick

Thanks Mick , I've just bought the BluRay Audio disc £!6.95 , as much as I wanted it on SACD £55 is a bit too steep .

On the turntable as I type, crackling a bit at the start so it'll need a clean and a return if it remains :(

After that, excellent :)

Walked in to town earlier and bought the remixed CD from an “old fashioned independent” record shop.
Listened through twice and was quite surprised how some parts sounded different. Certainly got more punch, which it always needed.

I think some of the other releases were remastered while this is a remix a bit like Giles Martin and the Beatles re issues. It’s amazing what can be done to an old recording these days

Have been listening to it today. My fav PF album and must have listened to the original and remastered hundreds of times.
The remix takes away the compressed and dark sound of the original but adds so much more. It's a load more dynamic and brings out some hitherto unheard parts (especially Wrights keyboard parts).
Waters vocal on POtW Pt.1 one are noticeably dryer and more forward.
It's still the same piece of music, but presented differently. The production and mix of the original was quite 'individual' (i.e. heavily compressed and lacking in significant dynamics) which I think added to the claustrophobic feel of the album and match it's themes, however the remix breathes new life into it, Dogs almost sounds a bit jolly... Would be very interested for Waters or maybe someone like Steven Wilson to have a go at a few other PF albums.
There was a story doing the rounds a few years ago that on the completion off the recording of DSOTM, the band gave the recordings to a few different producers to mix and then chose the one they liked best for release... this of course raises the question of there being a few other mixes of DSOTM out there somewhere.

advertisement

Back