advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

This is getting tedious, each sporting body has made its own decision. If you don’t like how the game is run then stop going.

Eton have disobeyed the rules, let’s see if there are consequences.

I am currently much more upset about the recent news that Marcus Stewart has been diagnosed with MND. He’s only 49, probably my favourite ever player in Town colours.

MND is a horrible illness. That is very sad news.

Prescot Cables are through to the next round of the FA Trophy, 4-2 on penalties against Cleethorpes Town, FA Cup on Saturday v Bamber Bridge and then back to reality, or is it ?, Everton v W.Ham Sunday.

So much looking forward to City's game tonight against Dortmund. I am not as passionate about the CL as the PL and domestic cups, but I have bloody missed the footy.

So much looking forward to City's game tonight against Dortmund. I am not as passionate about the CL as the PL and domestic cups, but I have bloody missed the footy.
With Haaland scoring for fun against everyone surely not even Pep can cock it up (again) this year.;)

Schofield sacked today, liked him as a player but a good awful manager. Rumour is that David Wagner is coming back, what could possibly go wrong?

Schofield sacked today, liked him as a player but a good awful manager. Rumour is that David Wagner is coming back, what could possibly go wrong?

A good win with the substitutes making a big difference to the game. Alvarez, Foden and Bernardo's extreme pressing put a pressure on Dortmund that made them hurry in a way that they hadn't needed to until that point in the game. It would be nice to have a commentary team that did not repeat themselves, ad-nauseam, throughout the game - we know that Dortmund were disciplined and resolute, and we know that it is very unusual for City to not have a shot on target: it does not need repeating every ten minutes throughout the game.

Why is the manure v Leeds game off? I understand the reasons for the other 2, but not that one.

Huddersfield might get promoted.

Huddersfield might get promoted.

advertisement

Back