advertisement

King Charles III

88_12757_w450.jpg

.. don't be left out - order yours now !!

https://www.moretvicar.com/collection/t-shirts/product/anarchy-mens-t-shirt

It's certainly whinge central but people need somewhere to vent. As so often happens on the internet, we can get a wrong impression due to vociferous posting...the same happens with product quality, it's easy to get a very distorted view from relatively few aggrieved people.
Yes, a bit like the one star Amazon reviews we all look at first.

I’m beginning to think all this state-enforced mourning must be a peculiarly urban phenomenon. Out here in the sticks I’ve walked around thirty miles this week and seen no sign of anyone dressed in black weeping, wailing and gnashing. Liz’s death has only been mentioned as a general topic for chat, like the weather or the bumper crop of blackberries. I feel I might be missing out. I mean, any event that turns the Grauniad from an object of ridicule in pfm’ers eyes to something to be linked to again and again must be worth investigating. Perhaps I should venture into the Big City at the weekend with a sheet of blank paper and see if I get banged up. If I am, I hope they let me out by Monday. I’ve got a day-long walk planned.
Same in Sheffield.

Everyone is going about their business as usual.

The only weird shit is on TV.

I see that despite sacking 100 existing staff Charles has found a job for Nonce Andrew (Twitter).
Although I don’t give a stuff about the monarchy and have rather less than no time at all for Andrew, I don’t think I can let that Twitter link go without comment - it is written as if this appointment has just been made, which is not the case - I suspect the author thinks it makes his point better to lead people to believe it is. Andrew has been one of Charles’ counsellors for God knows how long, a few Google searches tell me, along with four other royals whose names escape me. In fact, it seems there was outrage (there’s a lot of it about) when he wasn’t sacked from the position earlier in the year.

Although I don’t give a stuff about the monarchy and have rather less than no time at all for Andrew, I don’t think I can let that Twitter link go without comment - it is written as if this appointment has just been made, which is not the case - I suspect the author thinks it makes his point better to lead people to believe it is. Andrew has been one of Charles’ counsellors for God knows how long, a few Google searches tell me, along with four other royals whose names escape me. In fact, it seems there was outrage (there’s a lot of it about) when he wasn’t sacked from the position earlier in the year.
Your right it's an old royal tradition to promote each
other ,after all the queen gave Andy the highest gong for services to the monarchy.

Has anyone mentioned the shocking treatment handed out to the Queen Mother's cousins i.e. five of them being locked up in a mental hospital and their fictitious deaths being reported? They seem to go from one scandal to the next and nobody claims any memory for what went before...

Has anyone mentioned the shocking treatment handed out to the Queen Mother's cousins i.e. five of them being locked up in a mental hospital and their fictitious deaths being reported? They seem to go from one scandal to the next and nobody claims any memory for what went before...

But one of many examples of their moral turpitude. As I’ve said before, I can’t get aboard the ‘I disapprove of the monarchy but had respect for the queen as an individual’ train.

Ample evidence of their thorough disreputability, if sought, is easily located. The idea that the queen somehow floated nobly above such dysfunction bears no serious interrogation. She had a meticulously managed public image. If she did indeed possess a singular positive quality it was the nous to keep all arrogance and entitlement carefully hidden from public view.

I dislike them all as individuals. However it’s not entirely their fault. They found their social position exclusively by accident of birth rather than any innate merit. If you are from birth, inculcated with the attitude that you are naturally superior to the remainder of the population, such an alienated and contrived existence no doubt corrupts and warps their personalities?

It does seem however, especially in the case of the father and two eldest sons, that there is no artifice of humility, indeed they revel in their supposed exalted status and treat others accordingly.

A useful excerpt about Charles' temper https://twitter.com/tarmactorque/status/1367440676560977922

As I said before, seems very believable considering the now multiple angry pen outbursts.

The Queen was much better behaved. Charles seems not as well suited to being head of state. It's only the daft system of monarchy that made him one.

William or even Anne would be better.

At the very least, perhaps the people can vote for our favourite royal to become King or Queen? Like in the X Factor. Could do it on a Saturday night on ITV. Ant and Dec to host. "Call 1 for Charles, 2 for William, 3 for Anne..."

I suppose those who support the Monarchy will overlook minor human blemishes whilst those who rabidly oppose will see him as a monster. In a similar way I’d suggest it appalling that Corbyn failed to bow in respect of the dead at a Remembrance Sunday service, but some are fine with such behaviour. It strikes me that many of the tweets flying around are by trots / anarchists. It would seem the (vocal) community here are also out of step with the feelings of the public at large.

Corbyn may have been expressing his distaste for the way that "Remembrance" changed from being an expression of our deep desire never to kill so many of our young men ever again by sending them into battle, into a "Celebration of national spirit" (David Cameron) and glorification of war. It actually takes a lot of courage and grit to do what Corbyn did. To take a stand against orthodoxy. To care about reality, rather than fantasy, To suffer opprobrium from those who always conform.

Would you guess that more, or less, human suffering has been caused historically by dissent or by blind obedience to authority? Did you know that our WW1 memorials to the dead, in every village, were originally called "Peace Memorials"

This, below from some other "Trots/Anarchists" (Corbyn among them) from stopwar.org:

"Next year marks the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the first world war. Far from being a "war to end all wars" or a "victory for democracy", this was a military disaster and a human catastrophe.

We are disturbed, therefore, that David Cameron plans to spend £55m on a "truly national commemoration" to mark this anniversary. Mr Cameron quite inappropriately compared these events to the "diamond jubilee celebrations" and stated that their aim will be to stress our "national spirit". That they will be run at least in part by former generals and ex-defence secretaries reveals just how misconceived these plans are.

Instead we believe it is important to remember that this was a war that was driven by big powers' competition for influence around the globe, and caused a degree of suffering all too clear in the statistical record of 16 million people dead and 20 million wounded.

In 2014, we and others across the world will be organising cultural, political and educational activities to mark the courage of many involved in the war but also to remember the almost unimaginable devastation caused. In a time of international tension, we call on all those who agree with us to join us – by adding their names to ours at ww1.stopwar.org.uk – to ensure that this anniversary is used to promote peace and international co-operation.
Jude Law, Michael Morpurgo, Antony Gormley, Patrick Stewart, Carol Ann Duffy, Vanessa Redgrave, Simon Callow, Brian Eno, Lindsey German, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Tony Benn, Timothy West, Dominic Cooke, AL Kennedy, Janie Dee, Neil Faulkner, Heathcote Williams, Dame Harriet Walter, Tim Pigott-Smith, Roger Lloyd Pack, Alan Rickman, Ken Loach, Ralph Steadman, Ken Livingstone, Rob Montgomery, Duncan Heining, Chris Nineham, Kate Hudson, Jan Woolf, Peter Kennard, Andy de la Tour, Evan Parker, Robert Wyatt, Colin Towns, Chris Searle, Neil Yates, Steve Berry, Leo Aylen, Danny Thompson, Terry Jones, Kika Markham, Susan Wooldridge, Tony Haynes, Mike Dibb, Nic France, Leon Rosselson, Barry Miles, Liane Aukin, Alistair Beaton"

Corbyn may have been expressing his distaste for the way that "Remembrance" changed from being an expression of our deep desire never to kill so many of our young men ever again by sending them into battle, into a "Celebration of national spirit" (David Cameron) and glorification of war. It actually takes a lot of courage and grit to do what Corbyn did. To take a stand against orthodoxy. To care about reality, rather than fantasy, To suffer opprobrium from those who always conform.

Would you guess that more, or less, human suffering has been caused historically by dissent or by blind obedience to authority? Did you know that our WW1 memorials to the dead, in every village, were originally called "Peace Memorials"

This, below from some other "Trots/Anarchists" (Corbyn among them) from stopwar.org:

"Next year marks the 100th anniversary of the beginning of the first world war. Far from being a "war to end all wars" or a "victory for democracy", this was a military disaster and a human catastrophe.

We are disturbed, therefore, that David Cameron plans to spend £55m on a "truly national commemoration" to mark this anniversary. Mr Cameron quite inappropriately compared these events to the "diamond jubilee celebrations" and stated that their aim will be to stress our "national spirit". That they will be run at least in part by former generals and ex-defence secretaries reveals just how misconceived these plans are.

Instead we believe it is important to remember that this was a war that was driven by big powers' competition for influence around the globe, and caused a degree of suffering all too clear in the statistical record of 16 million people dead and 20 million wounded.

In 2014, we and others across the world will be organising cultural, political and educational activities to mark the courage of many involved in the war but also to remember the almost unimaginable devastation caused. In a time of international tension, we call on all those who agree with us to join us – by adding their names to ours at ww1.stopwar.org.uk – to ensure that this anniversary is used to promote peace and international co-operation.
Jude Law, Michael Morpurgo, Antony Gormley, Patrick Stewart, Carol Ann Duffy, Vanessa Redgrave, Simon Callow, Brian Eno, Lindsey German, Jeremy Corbyn MP, Tony Benn, Timothy West, Dominic Cooke, AL Kennedy, Janie Dee, Neil Faulkner, Heathcote Williams, Dame Harriet Walter, Tim Pigott-Smith, Roger Lloyd Pack, Alan Rickman, Ken Loach, Ralph Steadman, Ken Livingstone, Rob Montgomery, Duncan Heining, Chris Nineham, Kate Hudson, Jan Woolf, Peter Kennard, Andy de la Tour, Evan Parker, Robert Wyatt, Colin Towns, Chris Searle, Neil Yates, Steve Berry, Leo Aylen, Danny Thompson, Terry Jones, Kika Markham, Susan Wooldridge, Tony Haynes, Mike Dibb, Nic France, Leon Rosselson, Barry Miles, Liane Aukin, Alistair Beaton"
I always suspected that Jean Luc Picard was a rabid Trot. Never once saw him lose his rag over a malfunctioning dilithium crystal.

Popped out of house and wasn't able to get anywhere! We were informed that the area around the Palace and the Park would be closed but now most roads going south to the river are closed with tall fences blocking access. Back home listening to the ceremonial guns every minute!

advertisement

Back