advertisement

Brexit: give me a positive effect (2022 remastered edition) II

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Conservative Party is now the railhead of all imbecilities and with Truss as the engine driver, it’s future is assured,

thwzRJy.jpg

Yesterday The Times applauded Jacob Rees Mogg in his war on red tape now we have rid ourselves of those ghastly EU shackles. Today, JRM highlights the frivolous nature of paid holidays. I suppose national productivity always needs this quaint innovation. Make Britain Great Again......

Yesterday The Times applauded Jacob Rees Mogg in his war on red tape now we have rid ourselves of those ghastly EU shackles. Today, JRM highlights the frivolous nature of paid holidays. I suppose national productivity always needs this quaint innovation. Make Britain Great Again......

No, it's MEGA - Make England Great Again.

You should see what the Washington Post has been repeating about him. The Tory clique imagine it’s only us mocking him but apparently the Minister for The 18th C has gone global

The new coalition will be a nest of vipers. Meloni will fall out with Salvini before the year end, and Berlusconi will die, but no-one will notice as he already looks like a ventriloquist’s dummy.

I'm sure he vigorously opposed the extra Bank Holiday for the funeral of the late queen.
I'm sure he didn't, as there's no obligation for employers to pay employees if they take that day off. People wanting the day off will take it as annual holiday, from their usual entitlement. Which is of course earned and is therefore not a gift but an employment right, just like a salary.

von der Leyen v Truss. Who’s going to come out the winner in that impending contest? Meanwhile the Express publishes two contradictory headlines on the same page.

“Britain on brink of breakthrough with EU in Brexit talks after King told of 'progress'

King Charles was given an update on the Northern Ireland Protocol row yesterday”.

then,

“Liz Truss to unveil first Brexit strategy to scupper EU as crunch deadline looms”

Brexit Island has never been at war with Europe. Brexit Island has always been at war with Europe.

Finally the Brexit project is showing its true colours, Kwasi Kwarteng is seeking to scrap the EU cap on bankers’ bonuses, in a controversial move to boost the City of London’s global competitiveness.

Finally the Brexit project is showing its true colours, Kwasi Kwarteng is seeking to scrap the EU cap on bankers’ bonuses, in a controversial move to boost the City of London’s global competitiveness.
And shares in "I Fvcking Told You So" t shirts are already soaring.

I suppose the higher it gets, the more they pay. I'm no tax expert but I took it as a positive step.
In any case it sounds more plausible than the UK future-mortgaging thing.

Interesting unity of view by European newspapers’ UK correspondents :
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...lists-on-britains-mood?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

“A country claiming to be Global Britain has, meanwhile, since Brexit, become a narrow minded, anti-immigrant, internally divided society. Driven by a sect-like group of conservative Brexiters it has ended up with a minister of energy who is a climate sceptic. It tells you a lot about the state of the UK that Jacob Rees-Mogg is more reactionary in his environmental policies than the new king Charles III.”
Tessa Szyszkowitz, UK correspondent for Austrian weekly newspapers Falter and Profil

I suppose the higher it gets, the more they pay. I'm no tax expert but I took it as a positive step.
In any case it sounds more plausible than the UK future-mortgaging thing.
Good thing we're not still in the EU, or we'd be forced to adopt this more sensible and effective policy! Whew! Near miss!

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back