advertisement

Tumble dryers..?

Which Mag:

Beko DHY9P56VW

This is an exceptionally good tumble dryer, and it’s so energy efficient that we’ve awarded it our Eco Buy label. But it’s not just about energy efficiency, as it also dries evenly, accurately, and without letting steam escape into your home.
So, when it comes to energy-efficient drying this Best Buy Beko should be top of your wish list.

Thank me in 10 years when you're richer and have had no problems.

if you wear the latter - not owned any for years.

hmmmm I'll install £15k solar panels to dry my washing :rolleyes:

Thats a pretty ridiculous thing to reply with.

Telly, dryer, cooker, dishwasher, washing machine, hifi, vacuum cleaner, all the rechargeables….

Weren’t some Beko products a bit, um, combustible, a few years ago?

Not sure about Beko - but there was a lot of fuss about Whirlpool tumblers causing fires some time back ... build up of fluff in inaccessible areas apparently.
We had our model recalled and were offered a free repair or a replacement at a strongly discounted price, which was fine as the Whirly was starting to show its age (although had never burst into flame).

I do remember that the recall process dragged on for years though and attracted a fair bit of press attention at the time.

We’ve got a Beko Heat Pump tumble drier. We don’t use it a lot, clothes horse and dehumidifier being the preferred option, but it’s significantly cheaper to run than the Bosch condenser drier we owned before.

yes things have improved with beko i believe . Interesting how hotpoint have gone to only metal vent tubes which are a total PITB to fit as they are not so flexible . big warning sign on back of tumble dryer not to use plastic vent hoses

When I re did Mums kitchen a few years ago, I got a bundle deal from DIY kitchens on AEG appliances. Everything bar the washer dryer. Went for a Beko as recommended by Which. The advice seemed to be buy the Beko or a Miele, don’t bother with anything in between. She’s delighted with it, says it excellent. I bought a new tumble dryer earlier this year, a heat pump thing. It takes bloody hours but apparently uses less electricity than a conventional model.

When I re did Mums kitchen a few years ago, I got a bundle deal from DIY kitchens on AEG appliances. Everything bar the washer dryer. Went for a Beko as recommended by Which. The advice seemed to be buy the Beko or a Miele, don’t bother with anything in between. She’s delighted with it, says it excellent. I bought a new tumble dryer earlier this year, a heat pump thing. It takes bloody hours but apparently uses less electricity than a conventional model.
Our heat pump dryer starts the countdown at about 3 hours, but then reduces the time as required for smaller/drier loads. I tend to turn it on at 1pm when the solar grabbing is at its best. The water from the collector goes on the plants.

our Beko freezer about 8 years going strong, still keeps the fishie finger frozen, the vodka nice, and the ice at G&T temp. Oh the bags of frozen peas ready for sore ankles

Bough a Beko fridge in 2002. Looked crap but cheap and only used for wine. 19 years later, it was still going strong and given away on freecyvle.

Elbowing the wine fridge could be a good energy saving tip this winter. Keep red inside and white outside instead.

advertisement

Back