advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

But for Tuchel putting his foot down we might have ended up with Gordon & Ronaldo as well - thankful for small mercies and all that......

I read about that, maybe this new owner is even more meddlesome than Abramovich, when if you don't agree with him, you get the sack.

Now that QC's are KC's and Regina is Rex, The Queens Bench Division, the KBD etc etc. Wondering if Queens Park Rangers are a bit conflicted about a name change? See also Queen of the South FC.

I quoted what you posted and what the official guidance is. What some MP says is neither here nor there, he has no authority in the matter. Other than the FA most sports are carrying on pretty much as normal.
You really do not read Nigel Huddlestone is the MP and he is the Under Secretary for Digital Culture Media and Sport . He is the the person that wrote the directive and briefed the various heads of all the Sports bodies on what the Government wanted . He is on record as havinf asked them for no sport this weekend but admitted that there was no law to force the bodies to comply with their brifing / guidance . We all clear now ? Still comes out the same only sport to comply is football .

By the way I am told the Angling Association told him to go and do one but this is not confirmed.

Anyway, the decision has been made, regardless of fan feeling. I note that the boxing has also been cancelled tonight, something else I was looking forward to...and breathe...and get on with it.

Very busy at The Oval circa 08:30 today when I was cycling out of town. They were getting ready for today's Test Match. Interestingly the ground is owned by The Duchy of Cornwall.

You really do not read Nigel Huddlestone is the MP and he is the Under Secretary for Digital Culture Media and Sport . He is the the person that wrote the directive and briefed the various heads of all the Sports bodies on what the Government wanted . He is on record as havinf asked them for no sport this weekend but admitted that there was no law to force the bodies to comply with their brifing / guidance . We all clear now ? Still comes out the same only sport to comply is football .

By the way I am told the Angling Association told him to go and do one but this is not confirmed.
As I said, it is a decision for the FA.

Really then have a look at this . While all the oiks and commoners are not allowed to play any matches right through to Tuesday we must not stop our good old posh boys from playing yesterday .

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1568683087768453120

Oh and that looks like an official FA referee taking charge so one decision for them and another for the rest of us . Already seen this from the current Government made up of quite a few Old Etonians so now we know were they get this feeling that rules do not apply to them only the little people.

This is getting tedious, each sporting body has made its own decision. If you don’t like how the game is run then stop going.

Eton have disobeyed the rules, let’s see if there are consequences.

I am currently much more upset about the recent news that Marcus Stewart has been diagnosed with MND. He’s only 49, probably my favourite ever player in Town colours.

I have to be honest that I have really missed the football and boxing this weekend. In the eyes of some, that will be disgusting. In my eyes, it's natural as I have little to no interest in the monarchy and I am pretty obsessed with sport.

advertisement

Back