advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson: V Gone-ish!

Scotland isn't my favourite subject.
Interesting how it plays out. It looks like the Queen has elected to be in Scotland at the end of her life. She enjoys far greater respect from that country’s political leader than she did from the last British Prime Minister who lied to her over his unlawful prorogation of Parliament then had an illegal drinks party on the eve of her husband’s funeral. Isn’t it appalling that she had to deal with that scoundrel in her final days?

Last edited:
Interesting how it plays out. It looks like the Queen has elected to be in Scotland at the end of her life. She enjoys far greater respect from that country’s political leader than she did from the last British Prime Minister who lied to her over his unlawful prorogation of Parliament then had an illegal drinks party on the eve of her husband’s funeral. Isn’t it appalling that she had to deal with that scoundrel in her final days?

I saw this yesterday, and thought that you would have had the self-awareness to have deleted it by now. It's a bit of a gem, even by your standards. To manipulate the narrative of The Queen's death to create an excuse to grind out, yet again, your op-ed piece on Johnson's dissolutness and Sturgeon's quasi-saintliness is bad enough, but then to assume insight into The Queen's thoughts, motivations and opinions is both extraordinarily patronising, and eye-wateringly arrogant. You've excelled yourself.

I saw this yesterday, and thought that you would have had the self-awareness to have deleted it by now. It's a bit of a gem, even by your standards. To manipulate the narrative of The Queen's death to create an excuse to grind out, yet again, your op-ed piece on Johnson's dissolutness and Sturgeon's quasi-saintliness is bad enough, but then to assume insight into The Queen's thoughts, motivations and opinions is both extraordinarily patronising, and eye-wateringly arrogant. You've excelled yourself.
The offending Prime Minister’s behaviour is a matter of record (criminal in one instance) and his behaviour to the monarch stands as an utter disgrace to his office. No shabby denials or deflections in prose will expunge it.

The offending Prime Minister’s behaviour is a matter of record (criminal in one instance) and his behaviour to the monarch stands as an utter disgrace to his office. No shabby denials or deflections in prose will expunge it.

I don't think anyone is disputing that. Your conflation of Johnson’s behaviour with opportunistic, patronising and arrogant assumptions about The Queen's inner thoughts during her final days is another thing entirely.

It looks like the Queen has elected to be in Scotland at the end of her life.

Possibly, possibly not. AIUI, she wanted to come down to that London to see the outgoing and incoming PM, probably knowing full well she wouldn't be well enough to go anywhere but Windsor after.

Personally, I think that Boris has Big Arnie in mind...
arnie.jpg

You’re not selling his gin, you’ve been selling him: reciting Farage in the Telegraph, he was right about Europe, his expense claims were unremarkable etc occasionally remembering to hold your nose when it became apparent just how politically aligned you are with him and here you are on the Boris thread pulling exactly the same stunt! It’s just so obvious. These are two of the most rancid moral vacuums to occupy British politics, so your nose peg is well placed, given your proximity to them.

Oh and btw, don’t bother with the ‘Dame Sibyl Thorndike does moral outrage’ for the RADA first year class.

Whats up with you? it was a perfectly reasonable post. Johnson has behaved like a sh1t to the queen and lied to her...fact.
The queen very obviously loved Scotland and spent most of her free time there, and had for many years...fact.
Sturgeon has always treated the queen with respect...well, as far as I know, but maybe you could give instances otherwise?

You’re not selling his gin, you’ve been selling him: reciting Farage in the Telegraph, he was right about Europe, his expense claims were unremarkable etc occasionally remembering to hold your nose when it became apparent just how politically aligned you are with him and here you are on the Boris thread pulling exactly the same stunt! It’s just so obvious. These are two of the most rancid moral vacuums to occupy British politics, so your nose peg is well placed, given your proximity to them.

Oh and btw, don’t bother with the ‘Dame Sibyl Thorndike does moral outrage’ for the RADA first year class.

I think the only time I've recited Farage in the DT was when he was expounding exactly the same policy as you and the rest of the pfm left-illiberal political massive. I can understand why that got under your skin, what with all the 'fellow travellers' nonsense that came before. There's nothing like a bit of hypocrisy to make the skin tingle, eh? As for Europe, I've no idea whether he is right or not, but from what I've heard of him, I would say he certainly is on the EU. As regards his expenses, I merely refuted a seemingly inaccurate claim that they were disportionate, as they fell roughly in the median for MEPs. Its this sort of disinformation that gets people like you all hot and sweaty. Its good to prick it once in a while with some facts. It quite clearly stung you.

Got any more insights into The Queen's inner thoughts for us?

Whats up with you? it was a perfectly reasonable post. Johnson has behaved like a sh1t to the queen and lied to her...fact.
The queen very obviously loved Scotland and spent most of her free time there, and had for many years...fact.
Sturgeon has always treated the queen with respect...well, as far as I know, but maybe you could give instances otherwise?

Johnson's behaviour towards The Queen, the indisputable and uncontroversial fact that she loved Scotland, and that Sturgeon, as far as I know, always treated her with due respect do not come close to making it a 'reasonable' post.

The 'fact', incidentally, that Sturgeon followed correct protocol when meeting The Queen does not in and of itself respect The Queen. It is well known that HM loved and cherished the Union, and NS has made it her own life's single objective to break it. Whilst HM would have respected the wishes of the Scottish people had they voted to leave the Union, it is difficult to equate Sturgeon's monocular obsession with 'respect' for HM.

I think the only time I've recited Farage in the DT was when he was expounding exactly the same policy as you and the rest of the pfm left-illiberal political massive. I can understand why that got under your skin, what with all the 'fellow travellers' nonsense that came before. There's nothing like a bit of hypocrisy to make the skin tingle, eh? As for Europe, I've no idea whether he is right or not, but from what I've heard of him, I would say he certainly is on the EU. As regards his expenses, I merely refuted a seemingly inaccurate claim that they were disportionate, as they fell roughly in the median for MEPs. Its this sort of disinformation that gets people like you all hot and sweaty. Its good to prick it once in a while with some facts. It quite clearly stung you.

Got any more insight into The Queen's inner thoughts for us?

FS3OuciWAAA__AZ.jpg

It must be humiliating to have a Prime Minister and leader of your party who is prepared to debase the official relationship with the monarch to that level. The Scottish First Minister or come to think of it, no other party leader in Britain has ever stooped as low as Johnson in lying to the monarch -in order to shut Parliament unlawfully then compelling her and everyone else to curtail social contact, even at family funerals through his own government’s legislation, while he himself held illegal drinks parties in Downing St.

He should have resigned immediately but chose to lie his way further out of jeopardy until his own lot finally had no more stomach for him. Even now he is attempting to hijack the Parliamentary enquiry into whether or not he lied about his illegal parties to Parliament.

If he had any respect for the public and the institution he represented, he would seal his mouth, stand down and play no further part in public life.

...it is difficult to equate Sturgeon's monocular obsession with 'respect' for HM.
No, it isn't.
You think the queen wasn't a good enough judge of character to recognise and herself respect a sincerely held belief? You think this trumped being lied to her face?
If this is all you've got, it's pathetic.

No, it isn't.
You think the queen wasn't a good enough judge of character to recognise and herself respect a sincerely held belief? You think this trumped being lied to her face?
If this is all you've got, it's pathetic.

The Queen was known to be a remarkably good judge of character (albeit, with a bit of a blind spot for one of her sons).

advertisement

Back