advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

I never have and never will be concerned about the Royal Family they are a rich German Family with a complete insulation from any reality of life that I see. As always I have feel sorry for the family and wish them well in their mourning . However they are very rich and will feel nothing as the whole funeral expense will be paid for by the UK Government and in turn us the taxpaying public . Lots of people who have paid for travel , hotels and tickets may well be told today that despite all of us having to suffer a huge cost of living crisis your match is cancelled and in a season were there is no space for any extra games may be shoe horned in to the end of the season just as a so called token of respect ? Far better in these very difficult times to show respect at the start of every game but let many who have never met , never interacted and never had anything to do with our deceased Queen get a little enjoyment that their hard earned money has paid for . Sorry but I am beyond unhappy about this it is not relevant today and to these times .

I never have and never will be concerned about the Royal Family they are a rich German Family with a complete insulation from any reality of life that I see. As always I have feel sorry for the family and wish them well in their mourning . However they are very rich and will feel nothing as the whole funeral expense will be paid for by the UK Government and in turn us the taxpaying public . Lots of people who have paid for travel , hotels and tickets may well be told today that despite all of us having to suffer a huge cost of living crisis your match is cancelled and in a season were there is no space for any extra games may be shoe horned in to the end of the season just as a so called token of respect ? Far better in these very difficult times to show respect at the start of every game but let many who have never met , never interacted and never had anything to do with our deceased Queen get a little enjoyment that their hard earned money has paid for . Sorry but I am beyond unhappy about this it is not relevant today and to these times .
The serfs will all be working during this period of national mourning but we won’t let them do something they enjoy for a couple of hours.

Regardless of views re the Royal Family & specifically the Queen I don’t think the cancellation of a few sporting events is that big a deal. Money has nothing to do with grief.

I am lucky I live in Liverpool and can get the the game easily , two families I have been in touch with today over some local help have booked tickets for the Wolves game spent between them nearly £400 on tickets , £800 pounds on Travel and £500 on staying in Liverpool . Neither the travel or the hotel have shown any sympathy for them being unable to attend and they have to pay for both if they cancel or defer for the later arranged match . So their showing real respect there and not just taking the money . Can you explain to me how cancelling all this is showing so much respect ? I missed that bit ? As for grief none of the Royal Family attend any regular sport other than Horse Racing (Sport of Kings you know) so cancel the Horse Racing and leave the rest for the scum like us .

On the other hand it, together with the postponement of next week's game due to the rail strike gives a certain, newly managerless team, through no fault of their own, a chance to recruit a new manager.

I am now told that it is unlikely that City will play a PL game for a month...IMO, completely ridiculous.

On the other hand it, together with the postponement of next week's game due to the rail strike gives a certain, newly manageress team, through no fault of their own, a chance to recruit a new manager.
The rail strike is off but games may be postponed again for all we know.

It’s just football, the monarch dying is quite a big thing, I couldn’t care less if my never played again;)

I think various royals do attend other sporting events but that is largely irrelevant. I would like to think that companies would be flexible in terms of deferring bookings & giving refunds. Strike action has also been called off by various unions.

It was always going to be a bit of big thing, a bit of fixture congestion isn’t going to do any harm.

George VI died 6th Feb 1952. City played Blackpool at home 9th Feb 1952.

This is just the usual modern-day hysteria, IMO.

George VI died 6th Feb 1952. City played Blackpool at home 9th Feb 1952.

This is just the usual modern-day hysteria, IMO.
Different times, we still had national service back then;) I think the period of mourning is a little excessive but she means a lot to many people.

As work will continue and other events will take place please explain why sport being cancelled is seen as a sign of respect to the Monarch ? If it is that important then declare a five day mourning period were all shops and businesses close and we take time to think about the importance to us of an unelected made for life rich woman dies ?

As work will continue and other events will take place please explain why sport being cancelled is seen as a sign of respect to the Monarch ? If it is that important then declare a five day mourning period were all shops and businesses close and we take time to think about the importance to us of an unelected made for life rich woman dies ?
Other things are more important than football, it’s quite simple.

I am lucky I live in Liverpool and can get the the game easily , two families I have been in touch with today over some local help have booked tickets for the Wolves game spent between them nearly £400 on tickets , £800 pounds on Travel and £500 on staying in Liverpool . Neither the travel or the hotel have shown any sympathy for them being unable to attend and they have to pay for both if they cancel or defer for the later arranged match . So their showing real respect there and not just taking the money . Can you explain to me how cancelling all this is showing so much respect ? I missed that bit ? As for grief none of the Royal Family attend any regular sport other than Horse Racing (Sport of Kings you know) so cancel the Horse Racing and leave the rest for the scum like us .

The best tribute to the Queen would have been the total silence as a demonstration of respect pre-game.

advertisement

Back