advertisement

"Cheap" Organik streamer

It is a phenomenal sounding piece of kit… I don’t have a spare £10k though

Nor do I.

I'm not defending Linn's pricing policies.

Their Akurate DS/3 was good, the Klimax leaves it for dead though. I haven't taken the opportunity to listen to the Organik upgrade, a deliberate choice as I don't doubt it would sound better.

I'm 65yrs old now and there is still work to do on the house before I retire so earnings have to be spent in that direction as enough is being spent on hi-fi as it is........:rolleyes:

Nor do I.

Their Akurate DS/3 was good, the Klimax leaves it for dead though. I haven't taken the opportunity to listen to the Organik upgrade, a deliberate choice as I don't doubt it would sound better.

I'm 65yrs old now and there is still work to do on the house before I retire so earnings have to be spent in that direction as enough is being spent on hi-fi as it is........:rolleyes:
I’ve heard both the next generation Klimax DSM and the Organik Exaktbox… both incredible, hard to explain other than to say it’s impossible to fault, pricing aside of course. It’s totally beyond my means… maybe a Katalyst Renew DS will come my way at some point, I’d be very happy with that.

Nor do I.

You know you want it ( hell, I want it)….

You know you want it ( hell, I want it)….

As a say fortunately it is in silver so I'm not tempted - sonically it makes sod all difference but as everything else is black........ err except the ModuShop based Avondale amplifiers..........

Now if somebody wants to make me a sensible offer for a 2020 model Klimax System Hub in black.................

If I replace it with an identical black box Kate might never notice.........;)

Regards

Richard

Why is this “half price” when a secondhand DS1 is £3.5k and the upgrade £5.4k? Looks about £2k overs to me….

If it betters the DS3 it will be a great bit of kit though!

Why is this “half price” when a secondhand DS1 is £3.5k and the upgrade £5.4k? Looks about £2k overs to me….

If it betters the DS3 it will be a great bit of kit though!

It is a DS/3 fitted with the Organik upgrade and 5 yr warranty!!! Can you get an Organik upgrade on a DS/1?

In wish I hadn't posted this now :(

Regards

Richard

It’s a mighty bit of kit. Not sure what I’ve spent on mine over the years, but the Organik is amazing. Is there a KDS Katalyst Renew? I think they stopped the Renew option at DS2?

It’s pretty easy to install if you know uPnP stuff. Doesn’t need a dealer install

advertisement

Back