advertisement

All purpose football thread 2022/23 Season

Souness not worth a mention ? Yes I know his violent streak takes a bit of getting over but he did have wonderful skill and a thumping shot.

Souness was brilliant. His thuggery doesn't take from his skill but it's a shame that is mainly what he is remembered for.

Some of the recent best midfield posts have reminded me of the old saying, "I wasn't much of a footballer, but I could stop those that were"

I was always a fan of Glenn Hoddle.

I'm surprised that Xabi Alonso hasn't been mentioned. A really classy midfielder, and why Benitez moved him on, i'll never understand.

Some of the recent best midfield posts have reminded me of the old saying, "I wasn't much of a footballer, but I could stop those that were"

I was always a fan of Glenn Hoddle.
I do feel his brilliance as a footballer has been overshadowed by post career idiocy. Ridiculously talented , his highlights reel is something else.

Last edited:
I do feel his brilliance as a footballer has been overshadowed by post career idiocy. Ridiculously talent, his highlights reel is something else.

Glenn Hoddle, the Matt Le Tissier of the midfield. Ridiculously talented, but a lazy bugger.

advertisement

Back