advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

This thread has become quite unpleasant, glad I never posted a selfie - but then who wants a picture of an old bald guy with a grey beard.
Impromptu happy selfie for Barry.

52303312715_59d12c5871.jpg

Last edited:
1978, London - you were probably wearing a greatcoat. I know I was. Except mine wouldn’t have been out and about on an arty photoshoot, more likely rolled up on the seat next to me in the Spreadeagle, Camden Town.

I wonder how many of The Spread's 1978 punters still drink there. I stopped visiting about a decade ago when they hung some portraits of Pete Doherty (let's face it, he's no oil painting..)

Shame 'the look' was ruined by the addition of a 1970's pair of flares. ;)

John

I'm very much less concerned at the thought that I might have been wearing a dress than I am at that that I might have been wearing flares. A trick of perspective, I'm sure. I actually favoured a pair of Lee jeans that had belonged to an aunt. I have a photo of me wearing them at about the same time, but it definitely isn't suitable for publication in a family forum, or anywhere else for that matter. My aunt was rather smaller than I was, and there wasn't much of me. As you can see all too clearly in the photograph...

See, here's yet another example of an unexpected interpretation from one of your images, a discussion that now revolves around the sartorial verisimilitude in the photographers shadow.

(For the record, I wore flares regularly during the '70's; tall boots with platform heels, de rigueur. In fact, I recall a pair of purple bellbottoms, buttons up the legs, 'complimented' by an orange nylon shirt!)

John

Can’t believe this thread is over 8 years old started by Tony Lockhart,
despite the recent negative comments, it’s hugely enjoyable to put a face to a forum name,
congrats to you Tony for starting this. :cool:
And scarily… I still wear that t-shirt I’m wearing in the first pic! Ok, I only wear it around the house, but I’m impressed, my wife isn’t :)

And scarily… I still wear that t-shirt I’m wearing in the first pic! Ok, I only wear it around the house, but I’m impressed, my wife isn’t :)
Kudos to you to be disciplined enough with your diet and lifestyle to stay as you are all those years ago,
lots of my stuff from a few years ago are more like sausage fit on me now and gone to charity shops. :confused:

Kudos to you to be disciplined enough with your diet and lifestyle to stay as you are all those years ago,
lots of my stuff from a few years ago are more like sausage fit on me now and gone to charity shops. :confused:
It’s difficult to squeeze into the tighter spaces of a chollywopter as it is. Slapping some timber on isn’t going to make it easier :)

advertisement

Back