advertisement

Really good integrated amps

Soulution 530

CH precision i1

T+A PA3100HV

D'Agostino Progression

Gryphon Diablo 300

Boulder 866

all very good amps, but the below is very much 'up there' amongst the world's best:

Audionet Humboldt

My Denon PMA850 has seen off a lot of contenders.

52312958091_5c6f428867_z.jpg

The Cambridge Audio stuff is good. My father uses the CXA-81, and it gets the job done.

To some extent I like the Sugden A21SE Signature. Bit overpriced new. Better to buy second hand.

S.

I was very happy when I moved from a Croft integrated to an Exposure 3010s2d, with Harbeths. The Croft wasn’t really working for me. With Tannoy I prefer a Sugden A21SE to the Exposure.

The best integrated amplifier I've had was a Crayon CFA1.2, unfortunately it couldn't adequately drive my Boenicke W5SE’s. My favourite was my Leben CS300XS.

Mola Mola Kula. A relatively small integrated.

Also has the opportunity for inbuilt DAC and Phono that are better than most separates giving you a high end, true one box solution (DAC is also a streamer if you use Roon). The DAC is sold in it's own box as Tambaqui and the Phono is just being released in it's own box as Lupe.

It's a hypothetical enquiry. I guess cost no object

If it's cost no object, the good costlier designs usually sound better than the cheaper options. One can derive great pleasure from a cheap amp costing up to say £600 such as the Rega io. Nevertheless, once you compare it with another amp in the same system, one will inevitably sound better while the other not so good anymore.

Based on my experience trying many budget to mid end integrateds throughout the years, the costliest integrated amp I currently own sounds best. It's a Luxman L-590AXII.

Past integrateds I've tried include Naim Nait XS, Rega Elicit mk2, NVA AP70, LFD Zero mk3 and many more. All good in their own ways.

Vitus and Gryphon should be very good but unfortunately these are too costly for my wallet so I am unable to verify the great reviews they have got.

I probably talk about it too much but 10 years plus equals a keeper. The LFD NCSE is an exceptional integrated amp. Wonderful sounding piece of kit and I'd sooner marry it than any woman I've ever met.

Limiting myself to amps I've owned or know very well;
Nad3150
Inca Tech Claymore
Restek Challenger/Fantasy
MF A1000
Chord 2600
Marantz PM17ki
Audio Analogue Puccini se
Roksan Caspian...all versions up to m2
Graaf GM50

...and 2 or 3 others I'm struggling to remember at this moment.

EDIT

Like the the ATC SIA-150...

Last edited:
Exposure 3510 added to my collection and will be staying

Interesting as I thought the 3010 was good, but not outstanding by any parameter.

I preferred the Farlowe amps, but pleased to hear they managed to lift recent range performance, having heard good reports of 5010 range too.
In fact I thought the little 1010 bettered the first gen 2010.

advertisement

Back