advertisement

Scam warning

As others suggest be very wary of any approach from zero post noobs via PM. There is nothing I can do here beyond deleting after the fact. The 50 post rule tends to work as no scammer has the time, knowledge or intellect to fully engage for that time period. Any transaction here is obviously always 100% at your risk, but dealing with anyone with zero posts is almost certainly a scam.

PS Just deleted another today.

Everyone,

Keep your eyes open for a NAC82 that has gone missing somewhere before reaching me from a retailer. I have a S/N of the one paid for.

Let's make sure it's too hot to handle.

PS. There is one for sale privately on eBay currently from a PFM member. This is NOT the missing one.

Looks like I have been scammed by hardwired91

Looks like this listing for an Exposure XXV was a scam.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/exposure-xxv-amplifier.266876/#post-4669582

Was promised amp would be delivered after Easter and then when I chased it last week was told he was waiting for a CD player to arrive so he could use the box for shipping the Exposure amp.
Chased it again last night and received this reply.

Please contact your bank, they will get a chargeback arranged, I currently don't have access to the amp or the bank account, long story but absolutely nothing I can currently do, I am not at home for weeks now

Sorry

Don’t see how I can get bank to do a chargeback - anyone got any experience of that.

I have just received a parcel from evri, formerly myhermes, the snaxo 242 I bought off ebay has been swapped for some shoes. please pm me if anyone sees one for sale.
I'm fuming, I really think staff have stolen the item and replaced it with something else.

Looks like I have been scammed by hardwired91

Looks like this listing for an Exposure XXV was a scam.

https://pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/exposure-xxv-amplifier.266876/#post-4669582

Was promised amp would be delivered after Easter and then when I chased it last week was told he was waiting for a CD player to arrive so he could use the box for shipping the Exposure amp.
Chased it again last night and received this reply.

Please contact your bank, they will get a chargeback arranged, I currently don't have access to the amp or the bank account, long story but absolutely nothing I can currently do, I am not at home for weeks now

Sorry

Don’t see how I can get bank to do a chargeback - anyone got any experience of that.

I looked this up...it only applies to card transactions and not all banks are aware. Its worth a shot if it applies.

Not exactly a scam but I bought some reel tapes off a guy on facebook market. We had a mutual friend and he seemed genuine etc. I paid by bank transfer (£60) and he was to post only he never did. Our mutual friend said he was a bit unreliable (wish I'd known that before) I have his phone number and bank details. I cant get a charge back as it is not a card transaction. Anything I can do ?

If you have had any dealings with a two-post newbie called ‘rickspaks’ chances are you have been scammed.

Again the 50 post/3 month rules exist for your safety. Please don’t enter into deals with anyone who isn’t an established, well known and credible member of the site. Their time of membership and posting record is their CV. Judge them on it.

Again be warned about any noob attempting to sell anything via PM. If they haven’t got 50 posts it is far safer just to assume they are a scammer. I’ve just deleted another that was trying to sell stuff via PM and who’s IP resolved to a VPN somewhere in the USA (which is not where he claimed to be). The email was just a throwaway freebie, so had anyone been scammed there is absolutely no comeback. Just nothing I can do.

I’ve tried to make pfm as safe as I possibly can, but there will always be chancers and spivs trying it on. Just avoid anyone with less than 50 credible posts you can review and assess.

Has all the hallmarks of scam, even though the company 'exist', the Directors are in Wales, and the 'address' is the company registered address, which is likely just an administration address...
It is popular with scammers to 'hijack' a real company name to make it appear authentic.

More newbie scammers reported. This is definitely enough of a thing now to view it as a concentrated attack. They claim they are in the UK, yet are using IP concealment (likely TOR) so could be from anywhere.

Again: Do not deal with *anyone* with less than 50 posts that you have personally assessed and consider to be credible.

If you are approached via PM simply report the message and I will spam-clean it.

So I am trying to sell my roksan 20 plus turntable and came across a matching phono stage on ebay that needed a badge and a bolt for the face plate .
item was said to be tested and working and was a business ( CAPTAINS OF LONDON).
link here to the purchase https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/23465825...d=link&campid=5338728743&toolid=20001&mkevt=1
I thought ordering a badge and bolt from roksan this may help the sale of my turntable , as it was cheap enough at £300 so would just add that to my turntable price , and a matching phono stage for my DX2 power supply .
anyway to cut to the chase it arrived within 2 days by ups very badly packaged , but nothing to do with the courier it had no phono stage in it, it was an empty case . see attached photos , just wanting to warn you all not to deal with CAPTAINS OF LONDON , I am still in shock that a business with highish feedback would do this , I have spoken to ebay and as a request for refund has been put in by myself , if he pays out or not I still get a refund but the sale will be cancelled and no feedback can be left by me for him SHOCKED it no longer shows under my purchases or on my leave feedback . so maybe masking their true feedback . It was obvious within 1 minute of opening the box that it was an empty case , so can say with 100% confidence they knew exactly what this was an empty case .

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
No user-serviceable parts inside!
No just what is shown in the photos , still shocked . There is no way they could not have known the front was not even attached as connecting bolts 3 not 4 all push in and pull out as no bolts to hold them inside the case . at a glance it looks complete but first thing was front was off in the box and bolts all loose , turned upside down to see the setting switches which obviously weren't there . The case is heavy for an empty case but still to light to even think it would have a power supply in it . Can't see why they didn't list it as empty case for spares . Weird and shocking , first thought maybe it was sent to roksan for a silver case , but why because you'd only swap the facia and the top sleeve cover , so why is it empty ? even if someone wanted the phono stage to put in their dx2 speed controller which is possible they would need the phono connectors on the back and there would still be a main DX2 power supply left over . This company needs prosecuting for fraud but I doubt ebay care as they make to much money of them , has put me of using ebay which is normally the first place I check to buy anything . They have high feedback as well and left me positive feedback the second I paid which is weird in itself, when know well that there would be comebacks on this . Even if it had been ok the packaging was the worst ive ever seen stuck in a large boot/shoebox tiny amount of bible wrap I mean not enough to cover the top of the unit , black cling filmed but no tape and a label just stuck on , i'm surprised it even arrived .

advertisement

Back