advertisement

Looking for an affordable EV - MG might well be a game changer

It certainly looks good. Definitely on my list to replace my Zoe eventually. The new Renault 5 looks pretty cool though and my car just transports me 90% of the time…

It’s family sized and expect it will be better value than any of the mainstream offerings. We’d like to have at least one EV in the family, being used as a taxi service more and more for local runs as we have teenage kids and love in a rural location. Both our current cars are diesels.

It’s family sized and expect it will be better value than any of the mainstream offerings. We’d like to have at least one EV in the family, being used as a taxi service more and more for local runs as we have teenage kids and love in a rural location. Both our current cars are diesels.

You might need a bit more space in the back if you plan to love in a rural location. I’m not sure you’ll get a double mattress in there, even with the seats down …

We have had a Peugeot e2008 for about 6 months and are delighted with it. Very comfortable and surprisingly spacious for a relatively small car. Range is only about 200 miles, but that is not a problem because we use a diesel estate for long journeys.

We have had a Peugeot e2008 for about 6 months and are delighted with it. Very comfortable and surprisingly spacious for a relatively small car. Range is only about 200 miles, but that is not a problem because we use a diesel estate for long journeys.

Have you used it in winter yet? The Stellantis cars seem to take a bigger hit than most in the cold according to the forums. I really fancied one of the Citroens that shares the 2008 floorpan, but it would be hard work for me with some of the reported mileages.

Have you used it in winter yet? The Stellantis cars seem to take a bigger hit than most in the cold according to the forums. I really fancied one of the Citroens that shares the 2008 floorpan, but it would be hard work for me with some of the reported mileages.
No we haven't used it in winter, we got it in March. From the research I did at the time, I'm expecting between 180 and 190 miles. I guess I'll find out for sure over the next 6 months.

advertisement

Back