advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Well, here goes…

From left

My brother Simon, died 23rd June 2020 aged 53.
Our much loved dog Skip, died 1996 aged 14 ish.
Me, still here, somehow.
My lovely old mum, died May 3rd 2022, aged 77.
My dad, went into a care home, 30 March 2022, Alzheimer’s.

And to that, since February 2020, add our lovely old cat Ziggy, two uncles, an aunt, a cousin, my brother’s mother in law (Covid).
It has been a challenge for 30 months!
So sorry to hear this Tony, there’s been so much loss over the past couple of years for many of us, and it’s really a test of our resilience.

Well, here goes…

From left

My brother Simon, died 23rd June 2020 aged 53.
Our much loved dog Skip, died 1996 aged 14 ish.
Me, still here, somehow.
My lovely old mum, died May 3rd 2022, aged 77.
My dad, went into a care home, 30 March 2022, Alzheimer’s.

And to that, since February 2020, add our lovely old cat Ziggy, two uncles, an aunt, a cousin, my brother’s mother in law (Covid).
It has been a challenge for 30 months!

Tony,

Very sad times, I lost my parents in lockdown too and know the misery. You and your dad are so alike.

Jenny

fe127db6-f597-420e-a317-41784246db93.jpg

Jennifer! The first woman on this thread, I believe. Now the question is, is it really you, or your sister/daughter/mother, and Jennifer is really a man, like Sue Pertwee. We shall never know, I suppose.

I apologise if I have in any way offended. Maybe I'm missing something? No "chat up" intended, I assure you, simply surprise at seeing a lady after scores of men. I was almost convinced there were no ladies on PFM. What have I done (written) wrong? Please explain!

Gents,

Thank you for the likes on my previous post much appreciated, I'm glad it wasn't just me.....

img_7087.jpg

Not sure what it proves other than there is a sunburnt woman brave enough to post an online pic minus makeup (who may or may not be me FFS) posing infront of some speakers. It's weird I've been a member of this forum since 2003 and the old forum before that and this is the first time I've been asked to prove my gender, I guess an invite for a Harley Street gynaecologist must be in the post.

Definitely not my late mother either although quite often mistaken, and would be even more so since I stopped dying my hair!!.

img_5564.jpg

Rather unsurprisingly I have a few theories as to why there are so few women on the forums and also interested in Hifi, sadly it starts with dealers and vendors. Tangerine Audio are obviously really aiming to impress their female customers (I guess it might be a VERY small group) with their free Limited Edition print that comes with the Stiletto...

Lovely Jubbly Jennifer, one thing that comes across from your selfies is the sense of ‘fun’ you impart on this mugshot thread,
It is a rarity to have the cuter gender in hifi forums, I think the question of your gender was banter lost in translation somewhere,
we love your pics really and certainly brightens up the forum, keep them coming. :)

Oh….lovely speakers whatever they are.

Lovely Jubbly Jennifer, one thing that comes across from your selfies is the sense of ‘fun’ you impart on this mugshot thread,
It is a rarity to have the cuter gender in hifi forums, I think the question of your gender was banter lost in translation somewhere,
we love your pics really and certainly brightens up the forum, keep them coming. :)

Oh….lovely speakers whatever they are.

Thank you. Maybe I'm being a touch prickly! Marchbanks wins on the fun, especially his Lego Alter ego:)

They are Avantgarde horns, fed by an Audio Note Jinro. Triggers old broom spec Lp12 (Klimax radical, Ekos,Karousel etc) Burmester 100 phono, Audio Note Dac 4 and CEC transport and DCS network bridge....

Wonderful question mark eyebrows Jennifer!

Did you just throw the landlord out?
It's funny my thought was spaghetti western music playing and all the other punters running out teh door, but the question is WHY? Gin And Tonic doesn't come over as a scary monster.. Maybe there is a mask we aren't seeing.

Does being ignored mean I can take the piss out of a member and he won’t see it? Very tempted, but mostly people out of order usually hang themselves without additional help.

Does being ignored mean I can take the piss out of a member and he won’t see it? Very tempted, but mostly people out of order usually hang themselves without additional help.

No, but you can post…. Oh I dunno, the occasional selfie, no problem.

advertisement

Back